Bought Hat from Ex-MLB Guy on E-Bay

rmackman

So go figure I'm looking on E-Bay through all different MLB hats. I was looking for throwbacks or early 90's versions, when I came across this one seller that had all sorts of hats. I looked at them enough to determine all were real, and I had put bids in for the early 90's Reds hat that was white with red pinstripes, the Brewers ball and glove logo cap from 1993, a Blue Jays road cap from 1993, and a few others. Anyways, I got outbid on all of them except for the Brewers cap (it's tough to try to cycle through each hat and put in a final bid with 5 seconds to go) and once I got it, I realized it really was the real deal in perfect condition. As a courtesy I wrote a letter back to the woman who had sold it to me saying I don't know how you got your hands on all of this authentic stuff, but thank you for the opportunity to purchase it from you. She wrote back saying she was so pleased that I liked the hat and that her husband Pete Smith had a bunch of them from different teams. It turns out her husband was the same Pete Smith who pitched for the Atlanta Braves in the 90's, and I guess he just had other friends on other teams that used to trade hats with each other as collector's items, and he didn't really want them anymore. Pretty cool eh?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Send it back for an autograph. That's the only proof you'll get it's him.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I have a $5 bill that he signed. (his number was 5)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived