A little help for someone new on illustrator

jeh-see

Hello guys.  Some of you know me, some of you don't.  But I hang out on the ez-board alot and just found this place.  I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to get like a "metallic" reflective effect on illustrator.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-UJ

I would just make a repeated gradient fill for a sheen effect, making the adjustment between a colour slightly darker than the colour you want and a colour slightly lighter than the colour you want (by the same margin).

"...and the forwards for the Colorado Avalanche: Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Paul Kariya, Teemu Selanne, Milan Hejduk, and Alex Tanguay!" :;): :D

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thanks again, as usual, SyPhi.  Any other suggestions are welcome too.  I can use all the help I can get  :P

BTW SyPhi, that Avalanche statement hurts, lol.  I may hate the Avs with the very fiber of my being, but I think their free agent pick ups make them a veritable lock for the Cup now.

• 3 years later...

<font color='#000000'>Thanks again, as usual, SyPhi. Any other suggestions are welcome too. I can use all the help I can get :P

BTW SyPhi, that Avalanche statement hurts, lol. I may hate the Avs with the very fiber of my being, but I think their free agent pick ups make them a veritable lock for the Cup now.</font>

Not until the Wings beat up on Ottawa to win this year's first.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Archived