Shrine Bowl coming to San Antonio

MJWalker45

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but the East-West Shrine Bowl is moving from SBC Park to the Alamodome next January. Though I'm happy San Antonio now has a college all-star game I had hoped they would start their own rather than take a game like this away. Of course this may be a one year deal as The Shriners have discussed a rotating schedule for the game. It moved from California due to high costs and the city of San Francisco dragging it's feet to help keep the game at SBC Park. The game will be played January 21st, a week after the Army All-American Bowl.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Do people actually care about College All-Satrs games other then Pro Scouts? I never got these games personally, and I dont think San Fran is losing much.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well the main part of this game is the trip to the local Shriners hospital, which will be over 200 miles from this year's site as the closest one is in Houston. Of course I think some players are in these games to raise their stock while others are actually there to get in one last game. I like the all-star games, just don't think they are all run properly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived