College logos

JohnnyTexas

Question on the UMass issue.   I read the webpage and saw they will be keeping the minuteman as their mascot.  But I don't ever recall seeing a Minuteman Logo/Mascot.  All we ever see is the "UMass" logo.  

Does anyone have the UMass Minuteman Logo? ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

On Umass' site today

Press conference slated at Fenway Park prior to Boston-Tampa Bay game.

July 16, 2003

AMHERST, Mass. -- The wait for the new University of Massachusetts athletic marks is nearly over, as Athletic Director Ian McCaw announced today that the department's new marks will be unveiled in a 4:15 p.m. press conference, Wednesday, July 23rd, at Boston's historic Fenway Park, prior to the Red Sox' game against Tampa Bay. The new Minuteman logo, along with new word marks for the school's 23-sport athletic program will be introduced at the press conference, and to fans attending the Red Sox game that evening.

"We are grateful to the Red Sox for allowing the University of Massachusetts the opportunity to host our logo launch press conference at Fenway Park and we look forward to being a part of the pre-game festivities as well," McCaw said. "I am confident that the new marks will be well received by alumni and friends of the University, and the citizens of the Commonwealth. The process has been lengthy, but the goal of capturing the spirit of UMass and the Minuteman has been achieved."

In addition to the launch press conference, members of the Athletic Department will take part in pre-game activities on the field, the new marks will be featured on the Jumbotron during the game, featured during NESN's game broadcast and McCaw will be interviewed by WEEI's broadcast.

The University announced in mid-May that the University's athletic mascot would continue to be the Minuteman, which has represented the school since 1972.

Fans who signed up at www.umassathletics.com to be the first ones to see the new marks will receive the new logo via E-mail next Wednesday prior to the Fenway press conference.

Archived