St. Louis soccer concept

-kj

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stlfleur08v3.png

This is your best incarnation, IMO.

The current arrangement with the three(ish) elements stacked one on top of the next takes away from each element individually (especially the stripes inside the arch), while not creating a super-cohesive "whole." By the same thinking, when the elements are spaced out like they are in the version I quoted above, they are all recognizable individually and yet work together well enough to be considered one mark. (The only thing about the above I'd change is make the fleur de lis bigger in the field of stripes, with each leaf crossing into the blue.)

The only thing I'd change besides overall composition is the fleur de lis you used. It seems rigid and very bulky to me. (It almost reminds of a cartoon character who is a body builder or who has breathed in deeply and is holding his breath.) Something lighter or more "flowing" may suit this crest better, matching the water on the bottom of it.

One thing about the current arrangement that I really like: the water appears to be flowing out of the bottom of the flower. It's very attractive and my eye is drawn to it.

Oh and also, I would suggest not putting "AFC" in script. As capital script characters, the three don't go together. (Too many frills and flourishes on each character to look good that close together.) Keep the Fleur as script and extend the top of the F to the end of the word then put "Saint Louis" above the line created by the F, and "AFC" below the word, both in the font you used in your previous versions. (That "Kleins Forgotten Roman.")

Archived