Chicago Cubs Concept

Audiodrama

Well, to start with a personal note - I don't mind the idea of double piping plus pinstripes. I grew up wearing flannels in this style all through little league in the '70's (I know I am dating myself here). They were hot and bulky but looking back, they had more class then the polyester powder blue/pinstripes they gave us when they finally replaced our unis around 1980.

As far as this concept goes - I like it. I don't think the alt is necessary at all because the updates of the primaries are nice enough on their own.

Finally, concept wise, I don't regard any team as untouchable because of tradition, etc. I like seeing other interpretations for teams like the Yankees, Cards, Tigers, etc. that the talented folks around here give us and I would hate to lose that on the account of "tradition".

LT

I'll concetrate on the dark blue road alternate, since that seems to be getting more attention than any of the other jersey concepts offered up in this thread.

The only thing I would do is bring back the Cub dragging a bat logo for the cap for this one. Yes, I know this is throwing yet another Cub logo into the mix (we already have C-ubs, walking bear inside of C, and mad cub busting out of circle), but it seems to be a better fit, even if you were to recolor the aforementioned three logos to the appropriate blue for the navy alternate.

2_640.jpg

And have the ditched SF Giants alternates taught us anything about using numbers the same color as the body of the jersey?

Perhaps the Marlins could do a grey jersey with grey numbers. Or the Graphite Jays could do a graphite jersey with graphite numbers. Now that would be odd.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived