Tank Stumper 7/4/05

NJTank

Who were the starting pitchers for the Mets and Braves when the went 19 innings on July 4, 1985?

Doc Gooden v. Rick Mahler. Beyond that, all I remember is Rick Camp homering in the 18th for the Braves after getting lit up in the top half of the inning (The Mets won, and I don't remember the score, but it was a slugfest; I want to say 10-6). That, and the Braves going ahead and launching fireworks at some ungodly hour when the game ended, and a bunch of Atlantans called the cops thinking the city was being bombed.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Who were the starting pitchers for the Mets and Braves when the went 19 innings on July 4, 1985?

Doc Gooden v. Rick Mahler. Beyond that, all I remember is Rick Camp homering in the 18th for the Braves after getting lit up in the top half of the inning (The Mets won, and I don't remember the score, but it was a slugfest; I want to say 10-6). That, and the Braves going ahead and launching fireworks at some ungodly hour when the game ended, and a bunch of Atlantans called the cops thinking the city was being bombed.

The score was 16-13, I believe.

Archived