Atlanta falcons helmets with old gold striping

TruColor

I just posted this on The Helmet Project's message board, but I thought I'd share with you all as well. The following link has a very large pic (1.2 megs) of a in-game picture of the Falcons wearing their helmets with the infamous Old Gold stripes.

Bob Berry in the huddle.

This picture is a digital pic I took from a book I have entitled "The Pro Football Experience" by David Boss. I've had this thing for about 30+ years - it's got some incredible photography in it, and a lot of the pics could be very useful in uniform research. Most of the pictures are from 1967-1970 (I think). The book was published around 1971 or so. My copy's been through the ringer - at least one or two floods in my parent's basement growing up - but it's still in OK condition.

There's been a lot of speculation about the existance of these Falcons helmets, but I wanted to show that they really DID exist.

Oh yeah, I remember.  It was later I found out that the gold stripe was meant to tie the team to Georgia Tech faithful as the original team colors represented the Univ. of Georgia - they didn't want the Ramblin' Wreck folks to be left our of their new team.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived