2005 College Football Challenge

WJMorris3

Your job is to pick the 8 Division I-A college football teams you think will have the best season according to my point scale. Each game a team plays will either gain or lose them points on the following scale.

OFFENSE

Each point scored = 1

At least 300 passing yards = 5

At least 200 rushing yards = 5

Each sack = -1

Each turnover = -1

DEFENSE

Less than 150 passing yards allowed = 5

Less than 100 passing yards allowed = 5

Each sack = 1

Each turnover = 1

IN GENERAL

Win = 5 (10 if shutout)

Loss = -5 (-10 if shutout)

Win over top 25 team:

Ranked higher: 20

Ranked the same: 15

Ranked lower: 10

In addition, if your team plays against a Division I-AA team, your team will receive no points for the win, and will receive double the penalty for the loss. We'll take the best ten games for each team, so each team gets at least one game that won't count.

Just so that everyone doesn't pick all the best teams, the following restrictions must be followed while picking your team.

• No more than one team per conference
  • No more than one team in the preseason top 5
  • No more than three teams in the preseason top 15
  • No more than five teams in the preseason top 25
  • No more than five teams from BCS conferences (Notre Dame counts as a BCS team)

The top 25 that will be used during the season is a composite top 25, combining the AP poll and the USA TODAY poll. Here is the preseason top 25.

1. Southern California

2. Texas

3. Tennessee

4. Michigan

5. Oklahoma

6. LSU

7. Virginia Tech

8. Ohio St

9. Miami (FL)

10. Iowa

11. Florida

12. Georgia

13. Louisville

14. Florida St

15. Auburn

16. Purdue

17. Texas A&M

18. Boise St

19. California

20. Arizona St

21. Texas Tech

22. Boston College

23. Pittsburgh

24. Fresno St

25. Virginia

To enter, please PM me with your choice of eight teams by Thursday, September 1, 2005 at 6:00 PM EDT. DO NOT post your choices in this thread.

If you have any questions about the rules, feel free to post them in this thread.

LvZYtbZ.png

About two and a half days left, and I figure I need to get rid of some confusion.

For the record, the "BCS conferences" to me are the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-10, and SEC. Notre Dame also counts as a BCS team. C-USA, MAC, MWC, WAC, and Sun Belt are considered non-BCS teams, as are Army, Navy, and Temple (the other three independents.)

Independents are not considered their own conference -- you may have more than one of them.

LvZYtbZ.png

About two and a half days left, and I figure I need to get rid of some confusion.

For the record, the "BCS conferences" to me are the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-10, and SEC.  Notre Dame also counts as a BCS team.  C-USA, MAC, MWC, WAC, and Sun Belt are considered non-BCS teams, as are Army, Navy, and Temple (the other three independents.)

Independents are not considered their own conference -- you may have more than one of them.

Well in that case, can I have all 3 independents? Talk about powerhouses. :D

Archived