Latin American Hockey Concepts

IronChefShark

Libretad O Muerte!  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive been working on this for some time now. Recently another member of this community (whom I wont mention) made a comment along the lines that "its a general rule that latinos are not hockey fans".

Well, on individual's close-minded opinion aside, it did inspire me to make these hockey uniform for teams representing 18 Latin American nations. Since the idea behind these is to make legitimate national team uniforms, they all have the IIHF tag on the tail and are Nike manufactured. Every one of them uses the Y-neck and large mesh gussets. Oh yeah, they are traditional loose fitting jerseys too, because Im not making form-fitting hockey concepts.

Also, I did my best to create my own crest logos for the jerseys rather then slap on a coat of arms from the Flags of the World website. Some of the logo will be displayed in higher resolution.

Argentina (crest logo) - I know a lot of you are gonna like this one because its.......THAT COLOR :rolleyes:. Kept it simple, and the darker color is navy blue because the soccer team uses it in thier scheme, so I felt it would work.

Bolivia (crest logo) - Almost went with a yellow road jersey, but decided against it. Striping sort of resembles the Calgary flames jerseys before they went to the current set full time.

Brazil (crest logo) - a more modern cut here, with tapered yoke panels and slanted side panels. Went with a yellow road uniform, and used the Wild numbers because I felt it fit in well with the lively Brazilian culture.

Chile - based on the Wild alternate jerseys, but without the lace up collar. Home jersey is red because most Chilean teams wear red as thier primary color.

Colombia (crest logo) - another yellow road uniform. Red is the primary color over the blue here. Crest logo is a condor on a shield in the pattern of the flag.

Costa Rica - the flag makes for good use as traditional hockey striping. the crest logo is supposed to be in the shape of an orchid that is the national flower of Costa Rica.

Cuba - Ive seen Cuban teams that utilize red as the primary, and blue as the primary. Here I chose to go blue (specifically Washington Capitals blue) with red pants. The crest logo is one that I used for a football concept in the past tweaked up a bit.

Dominican Republic - I posted this one back in June. Its here for sake of completeness. No changes to it other then the transfer over to Roger's new template

Ecuador (crest logo) - I know, I know....ice hockey on the equator......DEAL WITH IT! Anyways, here is another yellow road uniform. Traditional striping, Ottawa Senators number font. The crest is a scarlet macaw, which is native to Ecuador and is seen as a national symbol because its plumage sort of resembles the flag.

El Salvador (crest logo) - Yes, there is black trim on it. Most of the central american nations have the same colors and even basically the same flag, so I tried to do some small things to give each nation a different look from the other. The crest is my own styling of the coat of arms.

Guatemala (crest logo) - A lighter blue is paired with black here. Actually, black makes a little sense here because the crest uses black. The crest is a quetzal bird, and I almost decided to incorporate the colors from its tail plumes in small amounts on the sleeves, but I decided against it.

Honduras - the simplest looking uniform of this set. traditionalists will like it. No challenging crest logo here, I felt five simple stars like the flag has would work just fine. It was inspired by the Sweden jerseys that have the simple three crowns on them.

Mexico (crest logo alt logo) - same one Ive posted a couple of times before. Its here for sake of completeness. I did make small changes, such as simplifying the yoke striping and utilizing a different number font (Sharks!). This is still one of my favorite concepts of all time.

Nicaragua (crest logo) - Went with a navy blue as the primary. there is small amounts of gold for one, to give it a unique element from the other central american nations, and also because Ive seen Nicaraguan baseball teams wearing uniforms that had navy blue lettering outlined in yellow. The crest is my own graphical depiction of the coat of arms

Panama - Lots of red here small amounts of blue trim. Calgary Flames number font. Coming up with a good crest for this one was a challenge, and Ill be honest, Im not completely satisfied with what I ended up using. Im gonna revisit the crest logo sometime in the future.

Peru - Yes, the flag is only red and white, but I added black and some small amounts of gold to give it a bit more interesting look. The hem design is based off images of an Inca artifact that I found while doing my research for this project. Crest is cleaned up, simplified version of the shield from the coat of arms. (and i chose the name on the back just for CC ;) )

Puerto Rico (crest logo) - Im very proud of how this one turned out. The red and blue are the same shades the New York Rangers use (makes sense, doesnt it?) and the numbers are the NJ Devils font. Crest is my own rendering of the coqui frog.

Venezuela (crest logo) - Since Ecuador and Colombia both got yellow road unis, I went with white here. Kept the striping scheme basic. Crest logo is a simplifed version of the coat of arms, with hockey sticks replacing the spears in the top right corner of the shield.

So please vote your opinion on this set. There are good reasons why I choose to post concepts in vote-only poll threads. Some see it as censorship, but I see it as a way of keeping the focus on the concept. I do things my way, please respect that. We don't need any flame wars to start.

Its not censorship, its pest control :hockeysmiley:

Archived