Bears v. Packers

amare32

He's right, amare. Can the Bears score some points. 4 field goals and a Vasher pick to the house maybe enough to beat the Fudge-Packers, but try that against Seattle, or the Giants, or Atlanta.

Also, DirtyCurty: Let me handle this Bear Bandwagoner. Why? Well, at least Seattle is going places. :P

Bandwagoner? Them's fighting words! I am a Bears fan from back in the day, dude.

Around what time did you become a Bears fan? 1985 maybe??

Yep. I turned 9 years old in 1985. My only earlier sports memories were of the '84 Cubs playing the Padres in the NLCS. I was born in Chicago and raised in Arizona, where we had neither football nor baseball teams for most of my youth. Following the '85 Bears was a formative experience. Are those sufficient credentials for you, pal?

First, I'll vouch for Amare's cred (Not that he needs me to). He always brings up the Bears, even last season when no poser would.

Second. I hate them.

Third. I'm actually looking forward to (well for one not sucking, but two) perhaps having some years where both Green Bay and Chicago are competitive at the same time. We were Ditka's whipping boys and they were Favre's. 20 years of one team just abusing the other. You've got a few exceptions....the Walter Payton died game and the Majik review game......but by and large there are huge sections of one team owning the other. I'd like to see meaningful contests between the two for years to come. And I like that Lovie is kind of a jerk about it. That's how it should be. Holmgren, Jauron, Sherman......they didn't play up the week like they should.

There was of course 2001 when the 13-3 (most overrated of all time) Bears lost twice to the Pack. But I'd better not think TOO hard about that year or I'll remember a lambasting, six interception encounter with the Rams we may or may not have had.

I hate the Bears. They are pretty darned good. I don't begrudge there real fans that. But I caution, there is a reality check coming...and whether that is next week vs Pitts or in Detroit in February at the hands of the Colts....it is coming.

PS - I think we've already received our reality check btw. 10 of them actually. No need to remind me. UGH.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived