Bears v. Packers

amare32

Green Bay, up 7-6, was driving inside the redzone w/ less than a minute to go in the 2d quarter. Peanut Tillman intercepted Favre in the endzone and returned the ball 95 yards to the 7 yard line. Gould nailed a field goal w/ 6 seconds left on the clock to take a 9-7 lead into halftime.

What a defense, baby! Mean, deep and clutch.

DA BEARS!

I'm not questioning the D. Think about it... They shut down the bully to just a rushing TD by Samkon 'The Return of the Nigerian Nightmare' Gado.

It's the O i'm questioning. Can they ask Orton to do a little bit more for them.

these guys on 670 the score in chicago are killin me. they seem like they're pissed that the bears are 9-3 and in 1st. but they are right about everything. how the hell are they in first place when kyle orton finished with about a 23.5 passer rating, the offense throws an o-for on third conversions (0-10), and NO OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWNS!. i love the bears and am just as happy to see them beat the packers, but orton or SOMEONE on offense has got to step up and get the bears some more points. i believe the time of possession stat was rather lopsided in this game too. thomas jones is a damn good back, they need to use him like he is. run the ball more, pass less. i have no idea why Ron Turner would call two consecutive pass plays to open this game. where's JEFF GEORGE WHEN YA NEED HIM!! :P but in any event, GO BEARS!

quinn_samardzija_sig.jpg

I could care less if they averaged 3 points a game. Its about victories.

Green Bay is better than their 2-10 record. This loss was tehir worst of the year, and it was by 12. They were within a score the other 9 times.

Doesn't matter. A win is a win no matter how you get it. Perhaps they should let the defense run the offense a couple times :)

I could care less if they averaged 3 points a game. Its about victories.

I agree, but what happens in the playoffs when the Bears meet up a team that can actually put up more that two scores like the Falcons, Seahawks or Giants??

6uXNWAo.png

Green Bay is better than their 2-10 record. This loss was tehir worst of the year, and it was by 12. They were within a score the other 9 times.

Bull:censored:, the Packers suck. So much so that I started the Bears defense in fantasy football this week. Yeah, I'm piling on. I hope my team gets some help in the draft, because God knows they need it.

QPR%20Sig.png

I could care less if they averaged 3 points a game.  Its about victories.

I agree, but what happens in the playoffs when the Bears meet up a team that can actually put up more that two scores like the Falcons, Seahawks or Giants??

I have a lot of respect for the Colts, but you won't scare me or the Bears with the Falcons, Seahawks and Giants. If your argument is that the Bears haven't played anybody, I would counter that ATL, SEA and NYG have yet to face the Bears' defense.

And isn't it funny that the biggest critic of the Bears is a New York Jets fan? You oughtta focus on jockeying for your top 5 draft position and leave the football analysis to those whose teams are still in the game.

I could care less if they averaged 3 points a game.  Its about victories.

I have a lot of respect for the Colts, but you won't scare me or the Bears with the Falcons, Seahawks and Giants. If your argument is that the Bears haven't played anybody, I would counter that ATL, SEA and NYG have yet to face the Bears' defense.

And isn't it funny that the biggest critic of the Bears is a New York Jets fan? You oughtta focus on jockeying for your top 5 draft position and leave the football analysis to those whose teams are still in the game.

I'm not questioning the Bears D, I just wonder if they can hold teams such at ATL, SEA and NYG under 14, cause you know the Bears can't score more and two TDs with Orton running the show.

And as for the Jets, you think I'm rooting for them to win out?? Ha! :lol:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=438561

6uXNWAo.png

He's right, amare. Can the Bears score some points. 4 field goals and a Vasher pick to the house maybe enough to beat the Fudge-Packers, but try that against Seattle, or the Giants, or Atlanta.

Also, DirtyCurty: Let me handle this Bear Bandwagoner. Why? Well, at least Seattle is going places. :P

He's right, amare. Can the Bears score some points. 4 field goals and a Vasher pick to the house maybe enough to beat the Fudge-Packers, but try that against Seattle, or the Giants, or Atlanta.

Also, DirtyCurty: Let me handle this Bear Bandwagoner. Why? Well, at least Seattle is going places. :P

Bandwagoner? Them's fighting words! I am a Bears fan from back in the day, dude.

another winnable game lost. Im starting to sound like a broken record.

Ok the Packers suck, and suck hard. However this team could easily be in the playoff race if it wan't for stupid mistakes. That is the difference between a young team and an experienced team IMO. Im excited about the Packer D, its shaping up and defiantely hasnt been the main issue this year. If Bates stays(maybe as HC?) and some playmakers are added to that side, and Favre sticks it out this team won't be far out of it in the future.

Anyways congrats Chicago, I hate the Bears but as someone else put it one time, the Packers and Bears have a kind of sibling rivalry. They always try and out do eachother and try their hardest against eachother but resect the others mutually. The Vikings? Their the annoying obnoxious brat kid down the street that everyone hates, and the Lions are the pipsqueak brother noone cares about and always tries to play with the big kids, but just never can.

I heard that somewhere one time, and thought it was funny.

Oh well, revenge on Christmas hopefully!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Anyways congrats Chicago, I hate the Bears but as someone else put it one time, the Packers and Bears have a kind of sibling rivalry. They always try and out do eachother and try their hardest against eachother but resect the others mutually. The Vikings? Their the annoying obnoxious brat kid down the street that everyone hates, and the Lions are the pipsqueak brother noone cares about and always tries to play with the big kids, but just never can.

totally agree. I totally respect the packers and what they've done. I respect what brett farve has done. I just hate them.

Same views as you on the vikings. I don't respect them at all.

Carolina has scored 20 points in every game execpt 2. And one was to the Bears. The other one they put up 13. I'd say they can put up some points.

totally agree. I totally respect the packers and what they've done. I respect what brett farve has done. I just hate them.

Same views as you on the vikings. I don't respect them at all.

Carolina has scored 20 points in every game execpt 2. And one was to the Bears. The other one they put up 13. I'd say they can put up some points.

Sigh. Congrats, Bears.

It's going to be really cold at Lambeau this coming Sunday night.

And on Christmas Day at 4.

And on New Year's Day at 3:15.

We suck. I apologize (not that I have anything to do with it) for football fans having to watch the Packers so frequently the rest of this season.

It's where I sit.

We suck. I apologize (not that I have anything to do with it) for football fans having to watch the Packers so frequently the rest of this season.

I don't think there is a need to apologize. All teams have losing periods and the Packers are no exception. And despite being 2-10, they have played well enough to be in every game this season. And even though Favre has made quite a few mistakes this year, could you imagine how bad it would be without him? If this is his last season, next season will be downright fugly. The surprise has been the defense, which has done well enough for Bates to be head coach next year.

Congrats to the Bears on a great season so far.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Bandwagoner? Them's fighting words! I am a Bears fan from back in the day, dude.

Around what time did you become a Bears fan? 1985 maybe??

6uXNWAo.png

Archived