Local High School Hockey Concept

bigtex

First off the bat, this concept assumes three things...

1. Texas high schools play hockey

b. Local rednecks would actually know what hockey is

and

iii. Funding would ever be taken away from their precious footyball to support a hockey team

Anyways... I got a bug up my ass and thought, what would good ol' Edna High School have for hockey jerseys if they ever got a hockey program? This is the result...

I know the pattern is very redundant, but keep in mind this is a very concervative small town... anything different makes the locals restless... kinda like the idea of hockey in the first place... oh well.

C&C very much welcomed...

cowboys-small.png

But Texas does have high school hockey, and Texas does have some of the better hockey teams at many levels. I know the Alliance Bulldogs, Texas IceJets, and the Dallas Jr. Stars are tops in many differant age levels. Ft. Worth Texans and the texas Tornado are top level Junior Hockey teams. Texas tech has one of the top College Club Hockey teams, Not to forget the the Dallas Stars in the NHL and Ft. Worth brahmas in the CHL. I know there is a bunch of Dallas/FT Worth area high schools that have hockey teams, such as Coppell, L.D Bell, and etc. but still nice uniform.

Now if you mean outside of the Dallas/FT Worth areas I know Houston, Permian Basin, Lubbock, Austin all have big hockey org. same with San Antonio who also have a Jr. B team that is very good.

spacer.png

Edna has used this logo or slight variations there of since the 60s. If they did rip it off, it was a long time ago before anyone cared about that sort of thing.

And thanks cityofwalrus for clarifying... I didn't know high schools here in Texas had hockey. Guess us rednecks down in the south end of the state are out of the loop. Perhaps our dependence on Friday night football is the culprit...

Did some research and found out a couple of interesting facts.

Texas has infact over 50 high school hockey teams, however none of them are sanctioned by UIL, the high school governing board. But still... its pretty cool to find out that Texas high schools do have hockey, and hopefully some day the sport will become popular enough to spread throughout the state and not just the northeast part!

Archived