Another Toronto MLS

TML-GBP 4 Life

I thought I'd try my hand at the Toronto MLS team.

I stuck with the double blue that a lot of you guys have been using because to me it just screams Toronto. I used the "FC" simple because its my favourite, but I did think about using some kind of a "United" idea, maybe GTA United or something. I don't follow MLS all that much, so what is D.C. United Uniting? Is it meant to include Maryland, Virginia, DC, etc... or is it just a name for a name sake?

I kept my ideas simple for a number of reasons, mostly because i'm not super skilled on the design aspect or the actual creation of concepts so a lot of what I've done is through manipulating other shapes. Like the logo is the Arsenal sheild, which keeps the logo/crest modern yet traditional.

The kits and logo/crest were made with no team nickname in mind, but I thought of using something like "the blues", but its kinda the same as Chelsea FC, and the UofT teams, and has nothing to do with music. Don't like the idea of "Towers'" because we've only got the one.

The crest contains the Toronto double blue, the city of Toronto "T" flag, the CN Tower, and a Toronto Maple Leafs style maple leaf (for the MLSE connection).

I'm also a big fan of the sponsors on the kits so I used CIBC for no particular reason, but it did help with the numbers on the back.

No away kits yet because I made a few home kits and wasn't sure which one I liked the best and couldn't decide how to colour the away kits, CC and tips appreciated.

Let me know what you all think, this is my first concept. I apologize if it's too similar to other peoples concepts but the previous crests were so cool i had to base mine off of them. Grubstreets was also very cool so the colours may be close.

CREST:

TORONTOFC.jpg

HOME KIT1 [Celtic inspired]:

TORONTOFC-HOMEKIT003-COMBO.jpg

HOME KIT2:

TORONTOFC-HOMEKIT002-COMBO.jpg

HOME KIT3:

TORONTOFC-HOMEKIT001b-COMBO.jpg

HOME KIT4:

TORONTOFC-HOMEKIT001a-COMBO.jpg

Let me know what you think

Archived