Portland Herons Logo Concept

SetScreens

This is my first attempt to post one of my Portland designs on this board, but let me know what you think. I've done a couple of other Herons concepts elsewhere, but this is my latest attempt, so I thought I'd kick it around. The Great Blue Heron is Portland's City Bird, so I wanted to end up with something that seemed kind of civic shield-ish. Its different I guess.

heron_head2.jpg

I know they "should" be, but the embossed look is kinda unique I think.

And very hard to read. Not to be an butthole, but Photoshop effects don't do any good here. At least you took a logo that at least to my recollection is original, and then applied a few effects. Try rendering it out and cleaning it up a bit.

I know they "should" be, but the embossed look is kinda unique I think.

And very hard to read. Not to be an butthole, but Photoshop effects don't do any good here. At least you took a logo that at least to my recollection is original, and then applied a few effects. Try rendering it out and cleaning it up a bit.

I can appreciate that its hard to read, which is probably why it isn't done, but I thought it'd be fun to try. Didn't "apply" Photoshop effects though--its a complete original, done on Freehand.

Archived