Harrisburg Senators changing ?

wman

I live in the Harrisburg area and recently picked up a magnet schedule that shows them going away from the red-black color scheme to something that mirrors their parent club, the Washington Nationals. Their website however gives no information other than the obvious clue that replica caps are now down to $10. So I'm looking to see if anyone's got any info.

For those not aware, Harrisburg is in the AA Eastern League. This is their 20th season in the league, and they've represented the Pirates, Expos and now Nationals in that time. Caps have only changed twice--they had a plain H from 87 to I believe 93 or 94. The more stylized H with "Uncle Slam" on one side has been used ever since. I believe they have worn black as their primary cap the entire time at home, red caps on the road.

Bring back the Whale!

Same font on the schedule, spelling out SENATORS. At the bottom of the wordmark, there what I'd call a streamer resembling the American flag, with a baseball on the far left, then a blue field with two stars (about flag size) and lastly a red/gold/red stripe resembling the flag. The schedule has home games in red and away in gold. So it does not look like the red's eliminated, but that gold has definitely been added as a major component of the logo.

Bring back the Whale!

Boy I hope they dont change. My wife and I visited Harrisburg last season and caught a game while we were there. We both commented on how professional their home white uniforms looked. They are very traditional and the red and black just really compliment each other in the uniform.

Archived