AHL to return to Worcester

Dilbert

The Peoria Rivermen in the IHL were known as the Prancers from 1982/83 to 1983/84 and then became the Rivermen from 1984/85 to 1995/96 and moved to San Antonio to be the Dragons from 1996/97 to 1997/98. I wonder, would the stats of the IHL Pracers/Rivermen/Dragons be included to the AHL Rivermen stats or separate stats?? I been trying to piece together the IHL and AHL history (w-l-t) stats of all teams.. I only need to complete the IHL stats with playoffs facets and etc.... it would be helpful to get a complete stat book of the IHL from 1945/46 to 2000/01 so I can get the playoff stats completed...and as for the AHL..would need the complete stat books so I can try to decide which stats can be included in franchise history and more...

The AHL Rivermen claim the records of all three franchises.

have you tried hockeydb.com?

Hold on... the AHL Rivermen would also be the old Springfield Indians/Kings, then Worcester IceCats.... that would be confusing as to having 2 stats of the Rivermen together...I would know as I have a Excel database that tracks and adds up the records of all teams in the NHL, AHL, and IHL as well... so... that would be impossible for the AHL Rivermen to put claim to that other record as well...or is there any explanation as to why?? and beside, I have tried hockeydb.com for the stats...and yes I have the regular season stats..but not the playoff stats, completely.... the AHL regular season and playoff stats I do have all..but the IHL has the regular season stats there but not all the playoff stats, except for the time from 1986-87 to the last season or so that there were playoff stats as well.... the rest is not even there.... so... any other idea? I would welcome any new links and suggestoins as well....

What I meant to say is that the AHL Rivermen claim the records of the ECHL and IHL incarnations of the team.

I could be completely mistaken, but I think the Sharks will also lay claim to the IceCats records and the Falcons do claim the Indians records.

:blink: NOW that is really interesting.... I have to wonder, would I have to start separating each AHL team history and stat or leave them till I can get full confirmation on some AHL teams that are currently there, but the old team before that current team has the stats include.. let me give ya an example...would that stat of the Albany RiverRats include the old Utica Devils or would that have to be separated?? AND what abuot the old Capital District Islanders?? I am confused on that as well... do let me know....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived