NBA uniforms of the 90's vs 00's

BigShoop

In the 90's(early especially) it seemed like teams were ALL ABOUT making the logos as complex as possible, with as many colors as possible.

Now, we're seeing a change to more simplistic uniforms.......but with black or pastel colors.

Can we find a happy medium please?

SigReflect.png

I always felt 1993 was my favorite "uniform year." I mean here are some highlights of what you would have seen then...

barkley03_lg.jpg

hpg0506_rice_050818.jpg

Jim_Kelly_PF_Gold_jpg.JPG

lg_lemieux_ap.jpg

ph_timeline_big_uniforms.jpg

main_dh.jpg

...with the Lemieux photo I'm focusing on the Penguins uniforms not the Kings...I know the Kings were black/silver in 1993 (another nice uniform from that time!)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

That old Heat jersey hasn't aged well. They updated it nicely. I really like the old sun-streak jerseys for Phoenix. I think by and large, the 90s had the best NBA jerseys. Yeah, there were some bad eggs, but I'm a child of the early 90s. I grew up with Jordan!-Ewing!-NBC!, NBA Jam, and all of that. From a design standpoint, stuff now may be SO CLEAN! and all that, but I think those years were better at both the classic (Warriors, Jazz '95) and the gaudy (Magic, Jazz '96).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived