Hockey in Vancouver

swilson160

I am going to be in Vancouver for a couple days this weekend and would like to see some high-quality hockey. The Canucks are obviously not playing; any other suggestions of teams I could go see in the Vancouver/Surrey area? I'm down for juniors, minor league--I just think it'd be cool to see hockey in Canada while I'm there. I'm from LA and live in Seattle and it just isn't the same. Thanks for the help, Canadian neighbors (neighbours?).

BTW, this is Post #100, so maybe that'll get me some luck in this endeavor.

I am going to be in Vancouver for a couple days this weekend and would like to see some high-quality hockey. The Canucks are obviously not playing; any other suggestions of teams I could go see in the Vancouver/Surrey area? I'm down for juniors, minor league--I just think it'd be cool to see hockey in Canada while I'm there. I'm from LA and live in Seattle and it just isn't the same. Thanks for the help, Canadian neighbors (neighbours?).

Oh my friend you are in luck, although it seems you might have been missing opportunities this whole time.

Saturday night, Seattle is in town to play Vancouver at the Pacific Coliseum. These teams play Major Junior in the WHL, regarded as one of the highest amateur leagues in the world.

But, I have to ask, living in Seattle, how did you not know that Vancouver had a junior team? Or did you not know that Seattle had one, too? :D

I am going to be in Vancouver for a couple days this weekend and would like to see some high-quality hockey.  The Canucks are obviously not playing; any other suggestions of teams I could go see in the Vancouver/Surrey area?  I'm down for juniors, minor league--I just think it'd be cool to see hockey in Canada while I'm there.  I'm from LA and live in Seattle and it just isn't the same.  Thanks for the help, Canadian neighbors (neighbours?).

Oh my friend you are in luck, although it seems you might have been missing opportunities this whole time.

Saturday night, Seattle is in town to play Vancouver at the Pacific Coliseum. These teams play Major Junior in the WHL, regarded as one of the highest amateur leagues in the world.

But, I have to ask, living in Seattle, how did you not know that Vancouver had a junior team? Or did you not know that Seattle had one, too? :D

I know about the T-Birds, and haven't had a chance to se ethem...but people around here don't seem to care much...I figure seeing the game in Canada, where hockey is the national pasttime, would be a much different experience. Thanks for the tip; I'll probably go to that game...

I am going to be in Vancouver for a couple days this weekend and would like to see some high-quality hockey.  The Canucks are obviously not playing; any other suggestions of teams I could go see in the Vancouver/Surrey area?  I'm down for juniors, minor league--I just think it'd be cool to see hockey in Canada while I'm there.  I'm from LA and live in Seattle and it just isn't the same.  Thanks for the help, Canadian neighbors (neighbours?).

I know about the T-Birds, and haven't had a chance to se ethem...but people around here don't seem to care much...I figure seeing the game in Canada, where hockey is the national pasttime, would be a much different experience. Thanks for the tip; I'll probably go to that game...

Honestly, Seattle fans only care when Everett or Portland are in town. I highly recommend going to the game on March 4th or St. Patricks Day at Key Arena to get the full Seattle hockey experience.

Well, it doesn't matter. I tried to go to Canada today and was turned away at the border. I have a DUI, so apparently this means that I am not allowed in your country. Nice freakin' hospitality.

Sorry to hear that.

It's humorous to think that Canada can keep people out by simply saying "No. Go away.", and we can't keep people out despite a fence and a river.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Well, it doesn't matter. I tried to go to Canada today and was turned away at the border. I have a DUI, so apparently this means that I am not allowed in your country. Nice freakin' hospitality.

That is really too bad. I am surprised that happened, and sad, because you woulda loved Vancouver :P

Oh yeah. Should have told you that.

There's always Mexico!

Archived