NFL Schedule for 2006 released

Seadragon76

I cannot believe someone hasn't started the topic for this yet, but the NFL has announced the season schedule for 2006. Here are the key games, IMO.

Week 1: Miami at Pittsburgh (First NBC Broadcast in about a decade, I beileve), San Francisco at Arizona (Debut of the brand new Cardinals Stadium), Indy at NY Giants (Manning Bowl I), Minnesota at Washington AND Oakland at San Diego (ESPN debuts the new era of MNF with a double header that begins in the Nation's capital 5 years to the day of the 9-11 attacks)

Week 3: Atlanta at New Orleans (The first game in the Superdome since Katrina is a Monday nighter. Folks, if you root for the Saints, this could be your night)

Week 5: Dallas at Philadelphia (T.O vs. The Eagles, Round 1)

Week 9: Indy at New England (Vinateri in a Colts uni? New England fans might get a heart attack if he does what Vanderjagt can't do: Nail it in the clutch)

Week 12: Denver at Kansas City (An age old AFC West rivalry gets new life as the third Turkey Day game)

Week 13: Baltimore at Cincinnati (First game for the NFL Network taking some Thursday and Saturday Night games)

Week 16: Philadelphia at Dallas (T.O. vs. The Eagles, Round 2 on Christmas Day)

Week 17: Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (Bengals think about payback), Seattle at Tampa Bay (After the Lions game on Opening Day, this game I'll cherish the most because I can make bucfan look bad after his Yuckaneers lose).

Anyway, the entire 17 week schedule is shown at this page:

NFL 2006 Schedule

Any comments, questions, reasons to attack me and the Seahawks?

Archived