My fantasy hockey league

spyboy1

I'm in a fantasy hockey league with my friends. This is the 9th year we've done it and we are having one of our closest finishes ever.

Our scoring is very simple. 2 pts for a goal, 1 for an assist. Goalies get 2 pts for a win and 3 extra for a shutout.

As of about 5-6 weeks ago, the leader was up about 45 points on me and the guy I have been battling for second.

Apparently the leader got too cocky and stopped keeping close tabs on his team. One by one, players started getting dinged up and his lead started to shrink as more players kept missing games.

The next thing you know, I'm now 2 points back of the leader and have managed to pull 17 points ahead of the guy in 3rd.

Last night was especially good for me, as Joe Thornton had four assists and both my goalies won, giving me an 8 point night when the other 8 teams on our league combined totalled just 7.

The team I currently have is

Thornton-C

Richards-C

McDonald-C

Heatley-W

Alfredsson-W

Hejduk-W

Elias-W

Gagne-W

T. Kaberle-D

Boyle-D

Markov-D

Ozolinsh-D

Miller-G

Toskala-G

What's really killed me all year is I have one measley shutout all year for 3 points and the leader has Kiprusoff and Vokoun for 13 shutouts and 39 points, plus 7 more wins than me for another 14 more points, leaving me 50 points to make up for on offense.

Hopefully my guys will come through over the last 6 days! :hockeysmiley:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived