Sports quote of the day

OMMF

and haven't had a crap thread lately.

Every day, across the country, it seems sportswriters and athletes are in a game of trying to have the funniest soundbite or line. So let's see if we can collect some and maybe share some of your favorites.

This one comes from the LA Kings GM after the team re-signed Sean Avery:

"This isn't like he's getting a clean slate with a new general manager and a new coach," Kings' first-year general manager Dean Lombardi told the Times. "He's still on double-secret probation."

Oh boy... OMMF, my Seattle friend... My Seattle T-Bird loving friend... :D

I can't resist it, I just can't!

"Seattle's fans are neanderthals," said Portland GM Brian Shaw. "They are the most hated, most uncontrollable, most vulgar in the league. They don't have any class."

:hockeysmiley:

Here's actually another good hockey quote, but this one isn't offensive to my friends up north. Here's the scenario: Portland play-by-play man Dean "Scooter" Vrooman is conducting a post-game, center-ice interview with a young Slovakian named Richard Zednik. Zed doesn't speak much English, so they've provided an interpreter for him. Scooter asks him, "What do you like about Portland?"

Without any hesitation and without the use of the interpreter, Zednik replies, "Taco Bell!"

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Oh boy... OMMF, my Seattle friend...  My Seattle T-Bird loving friend...  :D

I can't resist it, I just can't!

"Seattle's fans are neanderthals," said Portland GM Brian Shaw. "They are the most hated, most uncontrollable, most vulgar in the league. They don't have any class."

:hockeysmiley:

Here's actually another good hockey quote, but this one isn't offensive to my friends up north. Here's the scenario: Portland play-by-play man Dean "Scooter" Vrooman is conducting a post-game, center-ice interview with a young Slovakian named Richard Zednik. Zed doesn't speak much English, so they've provided an interpreter for him. Scooter asks him, "What do you like about Portland?"

Without any hesitation and without the use of the interpreter, Zednik replies, "Taco Bell!"

Fry, I'll tell you what. There are at least two games this year that I'm coming down for that don't involve Seattle. Maybe then we can get together and your hatred towards a recently winning team will be somewhat tempered. :D

Go Chilliwack!

Those Shaw days were fun though, weren't they?

Archived