Stitching on baseball jerseys

zydzika

Hello all...Paul Lukas from Uni Watch directed me here saying someone on here might have an answer to my question...

Recently I bought a late 90s/early 2000s Expos jersey on ebay, and from a separate seller I bought a Vlad guerrero lettering and numbering kit...my question is, does anyone know anything about the stitching that goes into MLB jerseys? Do I need to take it somewhere special to have the numbers and letters specially sewn on, or can any seamstress do the job?

Thanks in advance for any useful info :D

If you have everything, you probably could take it to a seamstress. You'd have to be pretty explicit with your instructions as to the placement of everything.

Otherwise, check online for some official MLB lettering companies (I can't think of any offhand, but do a search and there should be 4 or 5 companies that do it).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Check around and see if any of the local sporting goods stores supply uniforms for Little League, American Legion, Pony League, etc. They might be willing to sew the logos, names, etc on for you. I used to do this years ago, and the results looked very professional.

metslogo_215.gif

If you bought a decent lettering kit it will have glue on the back so the the #'s/letters can be heat applied to the shirt. Any seamstress who has a zigzag function(most do) on their machine can do the job. But Like jpslapshot22 said placement is important and I don't know many seamstresses who have an arch template to place the name correctly.

You could take it to a sporting goods or t-shirt store that does vinyl and decal lettering and have them apply the #'s/letters to the shirt then bring it to a seamstress to do the sewing, if you're lucky enough you could find a store that could finish the jersey without charging an arm & a leg.

If you have any questions about placement check out liebe.com they have a page about placement on baseball jerseys.

If you bought a decent lettering kit it will have glue on the back so the the #'s/letters can be heat applied to the shirt. Any seamstress who has a zigzag function(most do) on their machine can do the job. But Like jpslapshot22 said placement is important and I don't know many seamstresses who have an arch template to place the name correctly.

You could take it to a sporting goods or t-shirt store that does vinyl and decal lettering and have them apply the #'s/letters to the shirt then bring it to a seamstress to do the sewing, if you're lucky enough you could find a store that could finish the jersey without charging an arm & a leg.

If you have any questions about placement check out liebe.com they have a page about placement on baseball jerseys.

Yeah, its got the glue on it....thanks for the tips guys, I will have to check around and see if I can find somewhere that can do it for me :D

Archived