monarchs

leggman01

Very nice. I would like some help with my helmets. Could you send me the template and some brief directions so that I can create some great helmets like these.

Thanks

rallen - i put it in the previous thread you asked for it in (lake michigan seals) - directions....fill with desired colors and drop desired logo's on it

jldesigns404eo.png

Thanks leggman01 for posting the helmet template. I also have psp8. Could you email me how you create the helmet. It would really be helpful. I would like my helemts to look like yours. I will let everyone know who the teacher is and that I am only your pupil.

Thanks,

on the template, i use the bucket tool set with a color with a slight gradient to give the effect of light coming from the top - i angle the gradient at 45 degrees - i fill the shell with the chosen gradient color

then i move on to the cage, again using the bucket tool, but this time using a solid color - i fill the front tines with my chosen color, then use a shade that's about 5% darker on the back tines to indicate that they are in shadow

then i open my logo - the logo's that i've designed are in very large files and i typically have to resize the helmet template by about 600% before i add the logo - it's important to color the template BEFORE you resize (up or down), or you'll lose quality - my logo's are also saved as .png files with a transparent background (which is important) - i play around with the size until i'm happy, then i'll paste my logo on the template as a new layer (conserving the transparency) - i place it to my liking, and merge the layers, saving it as a .png file - if you're working with existing logo's, you probably won't have to resize the helmet much to make it work, but it's important that you use your background eraser on the logo to make the background transparent (you'll see the checkered grid), otherwise your logo will look VERY pixilated - take care to make sure you erase the entire background

once i've saved the file, i resize it with irfanview (i never downsize with psp8...you lose too much quality) - 200 X 170 is the best size if you want to upload the image to an espn league page, and this template is proportioned to reduce to 199x170, so it works well

last step - i re-open the helmet in psp8, go to the effects toolbar, and choose illumination effects>sunburst to give the effect of light bouncing off the helmet - i have the sunburst settings as such:

light spot: brightness 15, horiz 49, vert 25 - rays: density 5, brightness 5 - circle: brightness 5 - click ok - lastly i choose effects>geometric effects>spherize and i have strenght=30, shape=elipse - click ok...this gives the logo and helmet some "roundness"

then save it, host it to imageshack, post to creamer and my fantasy league page

hope this helps

jldesigns404eo.png

I like it. But you might want to try using a different colour for the helmet as opposed to using the logo colour.

the team colors are green, gold and white, and i didn't want to introduce a shell color that wasn't in the logo...that seems a bit odd to me, and i can't think of any teams that do this (shell color that is not in the logo), can you??? - i didn't like the way this logo looked on a white or green helmet, so gold it is - i did add the white outline to give it a bit more pop

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived