In the Offseason...

AceTen

The following players are free agents to be with the Brewers.

Doug Davis - Let him go

Geremi Gonzelez - Let him go

Rick Helling - Let him go

Dan Kolb - Let him go

Tomo Ohka - Let him go

David Bell - Let him go

Jeff Cirillo - Re-sign him. His value goes well beyond his production on the field which isn't to bad considering his age.

Tony Graffanino - Let him go

The following players should be removed from the 40-man roster immediately.

Chris Demaria - You mean to tell me there aren't anyone better in the minors than this guy?

Dana Eveland - How many more chances can one guy get?

Mike Jones - Injuries have ruined his career, sound similar to some guy names Nick?

Ben Hendrickson - See Dana Eveland.

Chris Barnwell - Taking up useless space on the roster.

Drew Anderson - Who?

Dave Krynzel - To many excellent OF's at every level.

The following players should be dealt during the off-season.

Derrick Turnbow - My how the mighty have fallen.

Corey Koskie - It's time for the Bill Hall show at 3B and what team wouldn't want a player that someone else is paying 67% of his salary.

Geoff Jenkins - I like the guy, he's paid his dues to the organization but like all organizations, sometimes you have to make the tough decisions. This is one of them.

Kevin Mench - .200 avg, enough said.

Laynce Nix - too many OF's for him to compete.

The following players are free agents to be with the Brewers.

Doug Davis - Let him go

Geremi Gonzelez - Let him go

Rick Helling - Let him go

Dan Kolb - Let him go

Tomo Ohka - Let him go

David Bell - Let him go

Jeff Cirillo - Re-sign him. His value goes well beyond his production on the field which isn't to bad considering his age.

Tony Graffanino - Let him go

The following players should be removed from the 40-man roster immediately.

Chris Demaria - You mean to tell me there aren't anyone better in the minors than this guy?

Dana Eveland - How many more chances can one guy get?

Mike Jones - Injuries have ruined his career, sound similar to some guy names Nick?

Ben Hendrickson - See Dana Eveland.

Chris Barnwell - Taking up useless space on the roster.

Drew Anderson - Who?

Dave Krynzel - To many excellent OF's at every level.

The following players should be dealt during the off-season.

Derrick Turnbow - My how the mighty have fallen.

Corey Koskie - It's time for the Bill Hall show at 3B and what team wouldn't want a player that someone else is paying 67% of his salary.

Geoff Jenkins - I like the guy, he's paid his dues to the organization but like all organizations, sometimes you have to make the tough decisions. This is one of them.

Kevin Mench - .200 avg, enough said.

Laynce Nix - too many OF's for him to compete.

I would see how much they can sign Tomo Ohka and Rick Helling for. If some team was willing to overpay for Cirillo, I'd let him go. In fact, the question of whether or not to sign these free agents is difficult to answer unless you know what other teams will offer.

I don't know much about your 40-man roster...But when you ask how many chances one guy can get, it reminds me of Mike Cuddyer and Jason Bartlett from the Twins. I'd given up on either being very good, particularly Bartlett when he was sent down last year. Now both are key players. Small market teams that cannot make the big signings need to have some patience with player development.

I would not give up on Turnboy. Corey Koskie is not going to get much in a trade, but if they can get something decent for him, they may as well as he is not a long term sollution to anything. Kevin Mench should be OK. He's had a rough year, particularly the time in Milwauikee, but think he'll be back and his trade value is probably down right now. Give him a chance.

Of course, I could be wrong on all counts. That's why I am just a fan.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived