NHL/RBK to open store in New York

Shumway

NHL, Reebok announce Fall 2007 opening of retail store

Nov 16, 2006, 4:32 PM EST

NEW YORK/CANTON, Mass. -- The National Hockey League (NHL) and Reebok today announced plans to open a flagship retail store in New York City, N.Y. in fall, 2007. The 6,700-square-foot retail store will be located at 1185 Avenue of the Americas, at the corner of 47th Street, in midtown Manhattan.

“We have wanted to open an NHL store for a long time and now the timing is right,” said Brian Jennings, Executive Vice President, NHL Consumer Products Marketing and Retail Operations. “The store’s location, size and product offering, as well as our partnership with Reebok, all will serve to enhance the NHL brand, promote our players and offer hockey fans a unique multi-sensory shopping experience.”

“The NHL has some of the most dedicated and passionate fans in all of sports,” said Matt O’Toole, President and Chief Executive Officer, Reebok Canada. “This venture will allow our brand to reach those consumers in new and exciting ways and will also serve to reinforce Reebok’s relationship with the NHL.”

The NHL and RBK store will carry a wide selection of NHL-licensed and Reebok branded apparel, outerwear, footwear and equipment.

Quite frankly, I'm excited. Especially if they make it like the NBA store was. must've shot baskets on the court downstairs for an hour before I left. Looks like I have a reason to go back ot New York next fall. The equipment thing really gets me excited...I sure as hell hope the prices of equipment aren't more expensive than they normally are.

NHL, Reebok announce Fall 2007 opening of retail store

Nov 16, 2006, 4:32 PM EST

NEW YORK/CANTON, Mass. -- The National Hockey League (NHL) and Reebok today announced plans to open a flagship retail store in New York City, N.Y. in fall, 2007. The 6,700-square-foot retail store will be located at 1185 Avenue of the Americas, at the corner of 47th Street, in midtown Manhattan.

“We have wanted to open an NHL store for a long time and now the timing is right,” said Brian Jennings, Executive Vice President, NHL Consumer Products Marketing and Retail Operations. “The store’s location, size and product offering, as well as our partnership with Reebok, all will serve to enhance the NHL brand, promote our players and offer hockey fans a unique multi-sensory shopping experience.”

“The NHL has some of the most dedicated and passionate fans in all of sports,” said Matt O’Toole, President and Chief Executive Officer, Reebok Canada. “This venture will allow our brand to reach those consumers in new and exciting ways and will also serve to reinforce Reebok’s relationship with the NHL.”

The NHL and RBK store will carry a wide selection of NHL-licensed and Reebok branded apparel, outerwear, footwear and equipment.

Quite frankly, I'm excited. Especially if they make it like the NBA store was. must've shot baskets on the court downstairs for an hour before I left. Looks like I have a reason to go back ot New York next fall. The equipment thing really gets me excited...I sure as hell hope the prices of equipment aren't more expensive than they normally are.

Awesome, Now I don't have to go far to get jerseys and stuff. I also like having a huge store devoted to the NHL. I hope this means the NHL is gaining in popularity

Archived