Caps concept

Don

my friend and i took the fresno falcons logo and switched up the colors and added the capitol building in the background.

caps.jpg

my whole idea behind it is that i love the vintage colors of the Caps, but since theyre so prevalent in the nhl today i thought we could change the shades a bit to make it look a little different. and im a fan of the Eagle logo, i just thought it could be improved. i dont like how the old jerseys have just the name "CAPITALS" across it. too bland and thats why they changed it in the first place. i want to turn this logo into an edge jersey, but i dont have the talent to do it. if anyone wants to help, please let me know.

c&c please!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

First off, :welcome:.

A few caveats here, since I got to this first.

1. Clip Art and "cut & paste" logos will earn you scorn and :censored: reviews from the vast majority of people here. Just know that going in. It's good that you credited your source (since it would have been sniffed out in under an hour on these boards) but it doesn't excuse the fact that your "concept" is 100% borrowed from insignias used by other teams. So it really isn't your work, per se.

2. If you do go ahead and put up a cut & paste concept, at least streamline things. Like matching colors. Like cleaning up the pieces of the Capitol Dome that are peeking out from beneath the eagle's wings. Like straight lines framing the black box that contains the wordmark. Like NOT having 7 colors, including many which don't go together (blue and slate blue, yellow and bronze). Like making the overall design look unified (the art styles of the Capitol Dome and the eagle are markedly different).

3. A falcon isn't an eagle. Yeah, they're both birds of prey, but that'd be like putting a jaguar on LSU's uniforms - just because they're large cats doesn't make them interchangeable.

You may have a good idea, but the execution is shoddy. Moreover, it's not your work, and it needs a lot cleaning up and repairing. The best piece of advice I can give you is this: use the art you borrowed as a template or an inspiration, and try and put something together that's truly your own. It could be pulled off with some effort. And trust me, there will be plenty of people here to help you along as the logo grows and evolves. There are a lot of helpful people who will assist you, and give you tips to improve your abilities. But cut & paste jobs are going to doom your work.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

thanks for all the tips, i do see the need for unifying the color scheme, and cleaning it up alot, see my problem is i wanted the Capitals eagle to pop out like the Falcons logo, i just couldnt ever figure it out, i thought it would be a good base and an idea to start out with. i wanted to see how it looked and what you guys thought about it cuz i really admire alot of the work thats posted on here. i have alot of issues with photoshop, it seems to be a bitch to work with, so if anyone could help with it that would be great, im eager to learn how to design this stuff cuz its one of my favorite elements of sport, the identity of a team. i thought i'd start off with my favorite team.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived