Trying to modernize league logo

rallen24

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to get some of your opinions and suggestions for my fantasy football logo. I'm trying to modernize our league logo. Let me know what you think I could add. Should I put it on a shield? Something is missing.

logoconletrasfq4.jpg

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions,

rallen24

I think it looks pretty good. I'm not sure how the original looked but this does have a modern flair to it. One question though, what's the deal with the sinking ship on the football?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

First, it needs the aluminum foil removed from the big letters.

Those shades of brown you've got make me think you need a quick infusion of red or green. Less gradient on the ball; use your dark brown as the ball's base color. (And make the dark brown go all the way to the edges: your current shading scheme would be appropriate if footballs were made of solid brown glass. I know, football and beer go together, but not quite like that.) If you want a gradient effect, use an exaggerated screen pattern, like the shading on the ball in the San Francisco Giants logo. Also, kill the bright white highlight on the ball: footballs don't look like that under any lighting conditions.

While you're at it, you might want to make the ball's two ends come together with a curve rather than an angle, both to look more realistic and to make the angles of your wordy plate thing stand out more.

Then make the background to your word area a deep red or a medium green, find a way to deal with the ball's outline, which will be an issue if you follow my thinking on this, and viola, a more visually arresting version of your logo. You've got a logo with good clarity and strong lines and shapes. It's the use of color that's holding it back right now, even though you've got a very good palette of browns. The color creates distracting business that detracts from the strong, sharp lines and bold shapes of the logo.

Anyway, I would try to do the minimum changes to this generally good logo, and I would make no changes at all that do not simplify the logo. Don't think "update", think "clarify".

20082614447.png

Archived