The Future of Sports

Shane Does Art

Some Aussie Sports....in 3000

Cricket: Zimbabwe will be gone, Canada, Nertherlands and Scotland become Test playing countries, and playing competitively, Australia are still world champions in all forms of the game. Bats will become lighter and stronger, grounds will have artificial outfields, and sightscreens will be betterly organised.

Australian Football: AFL to expand to 24 teams: Gold Coast, West Sydney, Central Coast (interesting one), Cairns, Darwin, Canberra

South Africa to be a competitive nation in the game, and be able to field sides that regularly challenge Australia. Same with Ireland and NZ.

Who are your other two AFL clubs? How about the Alice, or Tazzie perhaps?

And would that necessitate a 12 teams finals? Someday, maybe in 4000 AD, the 128-team AFL will have the most complicated playoff bracket ever created by man! Mwahahaha!

Somehow, no current teams die or relocate or merge.

Good luck there... Lemme guess, you're from Victoria? I'd give an over/under of about 5 years for the Kangaroos.

::edit:: Upon further review first look, you are in fact from Victoria... ::/edit::

Why did I say 24 and then list 6? I don't know. The other two, Alice could work, although not sure about the corporates there if any. Tassies, but again, lack of corporates will hinder that.

In 4000 Adrian Anderson will not be in charge of making the finals draw.

There's a reason I said 'somehow', cos it won't likely all remain in tact.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived