The Future of Sports

Shane Does Art

Ok I was thinking a thread where people give crazy Ideas about the Rules, Teams, Players, Logo's, Equipment etc. will be like in the future, when I say future I mean like the year 3000, or maybe in the not too distant future.

Im going to do Hockey.

Visor-clock-

Every player will be able to see how much time left is in the game, by numbers generated on the inside of his visor.

Goal Sensor-

There will be an indestructible chip or material in every puck that reacts when it passes some sort of device on the inside of the posts and goal line, either simply indicating that there is a goal or by turning the puck a certain colour, this way there would be no more controverseys over if the puck went in or not.

I might just start a concept thread of how the NHL logo's would look like in the future. Im not too good at vectorizing or anything like that so they'll be rough sketches mostly.

What do you think the future holds?

Hi, how are you?

The thing about the visor is clever, who knows, that may happen.

Golf: Clubs will continue to get lighter and continue to help you hit the ball farther.

Hockey: The nets will eventually change to the delight of Bettman...which will ruin hockey in a way.

Pucks with sensors which signal a goal.

Ref whistles stop the clock when blown.

There are already whistles like that now used in basketball. The referee wears a device similar to a beeper, which emits a wireless signal sent to the clock operator's keyboard at the scorer's table.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Basketball:

Infrared sensors in the hoops that count the points, infrareds that emit signals to the hoops if a player is beyond the arc to ensure positive "Threes!" In light of certain official being outed!

More instant replay!!! Questionable charge calls, over and back, stepping on certain lines, and 3 Second violations.

Get ready for 3 and 1/2 hour games lol!

Baseball:

Instant replay on questionable homers/fouls/fan interaction!!! Maybe even strikes...

Pure Strike Zone (Patent Pending): So there is a true zone for all hitters!

Football:

THE FIRST DOWN! No more guessing by the officials. No more speculation on TV. One is the other! It is set by lasers!

Hockey:

What some have said here!

packchampionslfroh.png

All sports, where the ball/object has to cross a line (soccer, hockey) or plane(football) will have sensors in the balls to indicate a goal/td

but i think fifa has balls with sensors though.

also in football, the goalposts will be expandable, height wise, when a field goal attempt is being taken... so, no more questionable calls...like the fieldgoal attempt between baltimore and kc last year.

Some Aussie Sports....in 3000

Cricket: Zimbabwe will be gone, Canada, Nertherlands and Scotland become Test playing countries, and playing competitively, Australia are still world champions in all forms of the game. Bats will become lighter and stronger, grounds will have artificial outfields, and sightscreens will be betterly organised.

Australian Football: AFL to expand to 24 teams: Gold Coast, West Sydney, Central Coast (interesting one), Cairns, Darwin, Canberra

South Africa to be a competitive nation in the game, and be able to field sides that regualarly challenge Australia. Same with Ireland and NZ.

Goal Posts to have sensors that some alerts the goal umpire when the ball hits the post, and when the ball crosses the goal line, will also help with wide shots that are bordeline behind or out of bounds.

More venues will be built with retractable roofs, but not the same scale as Telstra Dome, I could see one in Adelaide in about 80years time.

Somehow, no current teams die or relocate or merge.

NRL: Expands to 20 teams: Sunshine Coast, Perth, Central Coast, Wellington NZL

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Have you seen the all-suites upper deck at Phillips Arena? That scares me to no end.

I think the future is the all-suite arena and the general public will be forced to stay at home and watch on pay-per-view.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There are already whistles like that now used in basketball. The referee wears a device similar to a beeper, which emits a wireless signal sent to the clock operator's keyboard at the scorer's table.

I believe the NHL is adopting something like this for next season.

NHL = Bettman will eventually be impeached {Is that possible for him?} and exiled to an island in the middle of a remote lake in the norhternmost parts of Canada wearing nothing more than biker shorts and an edge jersey and sentenced to block slapshots from Al Lafrate while protected by nothing more than an empty pillow.

oBIgzrL.png

In the future I envision a game where the rules of baseball are applied to the common driveway game of HORSE. It will be referred to as Baseketball.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

The Top 25 sports/leagues/events in the U.S. pecking order of popularity and exposure in 2020 (not counting multi-annual events like the Olympics and World Cup):

1. NFL (will still lead, but drop back a lot closer to the pack)
  2. College football
  3. MLB
  4. NASCAR
  5. Mixed martial arts
  6. College baseball (already getting more and more pre-CWS TV exposure every year)
  7. College basketball (will take a hit, justified or not, from NBA ref scandal)
  8. Golf
  9. Arena Football (this and the next 10 sports in the list are a log jam, and you could pick your own order)
  10. English Premier League (and/or other European soccer leagues)
  11. MLS (the Beckham effect will help, but not nearly as much as they'd like to think)
  12. Lacrosse (both field and box varieties)
  13. Poker (its peak has already passed; by 2020 it will have faded back into the background)
  14. So-called "extreme" sports
  15. Open-wheel auto racing
  16. Horse racing
  17. Competitive bass fishing
  18. NHL
  19. NBA (could drop off this list altogether if Tim Donaghy squeals on any of his fellow refs)
  20. Some league, or even some sport, that doesn't exist yet today
  21. Tennis
  22. Tour de France
  23. Bowling
  24. Boxing
  25. WNBA (if the NBA goes down, the WNBA is also screwed)

CCSLC signature.png

Baseball:

No more umps! You will see only the catcher and the batter at home... the balls and strikes will be called by an invisible computer. The umpires would survive in the minor and amateurs leagues because it's expensive to install a balls & strikes computer in every little baseball field.

95-years-old Braves manager Cox will argue watching the heaven: F---ing piece of f---ing soft!!!

To eject a player or manager, a holographic image will be displayed over the field (like a floating god) giving the thumb up.

If you dislike the current team on the real field because they are playing horrible, you can see a team made up with late legends in a virtual field. Let's pay $150 a month and you see stimulated, holographic games between Willie Mays, Ted Williams, Duke Snider, Mantle, Reggie Jackson, Ott...

Trying to bring some fans to the ballpark after 15 years of the retirement of Barry Bonds, the Giants will sign up a robot that knows how to hit HRs. This trend will be follow by all the other MLB franchises.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Some Aussie Sports....in 3000

Cricket: Zimbabwe will be gone, Canada, Nertherlands and Scotland become Test playing countries, and playing competitively, Australia are still world champions in all forms of the game. Bats will become lighter and stronger, grounds will have artificial outfields, and sightscreens will be betterly organised.

Australian Football: AFL to expand to 24 teams: Gold Coast, West Sydney, Central Coast (interesting one), Cairns, Darwin, Canberra

South Africa to be a competitive nation in the game, and be able to field sides that regularly challenge Australia. Same with Ireland and NZ.

Who are your other two AFL clubs? How about the Alice, or Tazzie perhaps?

And would that necessitate a 12 teams finals? Someday, maybe in 4000 AD, the 128-team AFL will have the most complicated playoff bracket ever created by man! Mwahahaha!

Somehow, no current teams die or relocate or merge.

Good luck there... Lemme guess, you're from Victoria? I'd give an over/under of about 5 years for the Kangaroos.

::edit:: Upon further review first look, you are in fact from Victoria... ::/edit::

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Future of Sports :P

NFL = Everyone suspended or in jail

MLB = Everyone on steroids

NBA = all the refs are crooked bastards

NHL = what the hell is the NHL?

Don't know if it's been called in another topic, but I think that deserves the CCSLC Post of the Day Title.

Hilarious!

untitled-6.jpg

I'll pretty much echo every body else....

MLB: Computer Ump for Strikes and Balls, safe/out calls, and controversial catch/no catch calls. But there will be an umpire just to keep control, and to throw people out of the game.

NFL: Lasers to determine first downs, out of bounds or touchdowns.

NHL:Lasers to determine goals.

NBA:Lasers to determine out of bounds calls and 3 or 2 point shots.

saBS.png

MLB: Computer Ump for Strikes and Balls, safe/out calls, and controversial catch/no catch calls. But there will be an umpire just to keep control, and to throw people out of the game.

And, most importantly, all ballparks with water features shall have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

And, most importantly, all ballparks with water features shall have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

I wonder if there would still be kayakers looking for #755 in McCovey Cove. That $1 Million ball would be earned by that fan.

saBS.png

LASERS!

untitled-6.jpg

In the future I envision a game where the rules of baseball are applied to the common driveway game of HORSE. It will be referred to as Baseketball.

I will echo that statement, and will INSIST that Baseketball will become a legit sport in America, if not the world by 2015!!!

Trey Parker and Matt Stone, after becoming multi billionaires from the South Park franchise decide to head up the NMLBA (National Major League Baseketball Association). The original teams in the league shall be the ones depicted in the movie, or in 2050 the docudrama that depicted the earliest incarnation of the sport. The Milwaukee Beers franchise will be headed up by a second generation Attanasio, after being burned by his investment in the Cubs, Mark Cuban has turned full fledged crazy and evil and buys the Dallas Felons team, declaring WAR on anyone who "Messes with Texas!" Lance Bass wanting to once again make a name for himself takes his money saved up from the nsync days and ties his lifestyle in with manly sports and purchases the SF Ferries, his first move is to sign Barry Bonds as the first player coach. Bonds, after either coming up short to Aaron, or passing him only to have the record revoked because of "'illegal'" substances, vows to get the home run record on the Baseketball field, where Buddy and steroids don't exist.

So begins the drama that will unfold before your very eyes when the NMLBA comes live on "the Ocho" ooorrrr "FSN (insert state/city here)"

Nice, thanks for the inspo dude!

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived