jayhawks logo on helmets

BIGBAD

Coach Mark Mangino has stated many times that he wants to create a recognizable brand for television so recruits can see it and say, "oh that's Kansas." Much like what Oklahoma or Nebraska have. Uniform changes and color changes not withstanding that is the goal of the KU on the helmet. The Jayhawk, while a great logo, is muddled on a tv screen, it looks like a big blob of color. I've been going to KU games since 1987 and this is the best look they have had. Trajan font is growing on me, its unique i guess.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

Coach Mark Mangino has stated many times that he wants to create a recognizable brand for television so recruits can see it and say, "oh that's Kansas." Much like what Oklahoma or Nebraska have. Uniform changes and color changes not withstanding that is the goal of the KU on the helmet. The Jayhawk, while a great logo, is muddled on a tv screen, it looks like a big blob of color. I've been going to KU games since 1987 and this is the best look they have had. Trajan font is growing on me, its unique i guess.

I say that's a good idea. At first I didn't like the Trajan font on the helmet but it's growing on me. Now they have to stick with it. Beating K-State doesn't hurt recruiting either.

CLHEL2.png

Archived