NHL: Anaheim idea

thefooligan5

When the Anaheim Mighty Ducks were considering a name change (which eventually became Anaheim Ducks) I kind of figured they would completely overhaul the name, image, logo etc. I had hoped that this would be the case but unfortunately it wasn't.

So I had the idea that they could still remain true to their history (in the sense that they used a duck as their image) but change their name and possibly colour scheme if they wanted.

So I came up with the idea of The Ahaheim Flying V(ee).

I know it sounds ridiculous which is probably why I thought of it in the first place but when you think about the team's origins, the entire reason they chose the duck was due to the flying Vee and how they worked together, blah blah, disney, blah.

I don't really think, nor necessarily want, the ducks to take on this idea but i figured i'd pursue it a bit to kill some time.

Bear in mind that this is only a rough mashup of a few images with windows Paint. This is simply the idea which someone with talent could use to create something worthy of a hockey jersey. Jazz it up etc.

Purely out of curiosity, I would like to hear what some of you think; good or bad.

flyingviw0.th.jpg

If I looked at this logo and told me it was an NHL logo, i wouldn't believe you. For one thing, there is no colour scheme, except black and white. The logo itself isn't bad at all, but it wouldn't work as an NHL logo. I looks like one of those delivering services logo or something along those lines.

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

Were it a badge for the hood of my car, I'd be all about it. (Coincidentally, I drive a Volvo, so the V works. ^_^)

But for a pro sports logo it's bizarre. NHL + "V" makes me think Vancouver. Nothing about this ties into Anaheim. And the connection to ducks (Mighty Ducks movie --> "The Flying V" play --> renaming hockey team after gimmick and/or letter of the alphabet) is lost to the point of being tangential at best.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If I looked at this logo and told me it was an NHL logo, i wouldn't believe you. For one thing, there is no colour scheme, except black and white. The logo itself isn't bad at all, but it wouldn't work as an NHL logo. I looks like one of those delivering services logo or something along those lines.

as i mentioned above, this was done using Paint. I have no idea how to use any of the photoshop programs so this isn't the logo but rather the rough idea. In my mind the actually logo would be much more 'animated' so that i would resemble a team's logo. The wings would probably curve downwards much more drastically, the lines would be thicker and simpler. The font for the 'V' would be much different. I had limited options when i was trying to throw this together.

So if ever there is someone who is tremendously bored AND who knows how to use photoshop etc., i would welcome their using the idea to make something worthy of a jersey.

And colour scheme aren't really my thing .. i am terrible with that stuff so again I would open that up to ideas. I chose the black and white so as not to take attention away from the basic idea with my terrible colour choices.

I agree the logo I posted looks more like a motorcycle emblem, but again, this is just a 'sketch' if you will.

Oh and the 'V' on the uniform makes perfect sense as the team would be called, The Flying Vee (Think Vancouver .. they have a 'C' for Canucks). I wanted to keep the duck idea but basically turn the duck into something menacing .. hence a badass 'V' with some solid wings (to symbolize the strength of the duck in the flying Vee format ... and the idea wasn't stolen from the movie as the Flying Vee actually occurs in nature .. look up).

as i mentioned above, this was done using Paint. I have no idea how to use any of the photoshop programs so this isn't the logo but rather the rough idea. In my mind the actually logo would be much more 'animated' so that i would resemble a team's logo. The wings would probably curve downwards much more drastically, the lines would be thicker and simpler. The font for the 'V' would be much different. I had limited options when i was trying to throw this together.

So if ever there is someone who is tremendously bored AND who knows how to use photoshop etc., i would welcome their using the idea to make something worthy of a jersey.

And colour scheme aren't really my thing .. i am terrible with that stuff so again I would open that up to ideas. I chose the black and white so as not to take attention away from the basic idea with my terrible colour choices.

I agree the logo I posted looks more like a motorcycle emblem, but again, this is just a 'sketch' if you will.

Oh and the 'V' on the uniform makes perfect sense as the team would be called, The Flying Vee (Think Vancouver .. they have a 'C' for Canucks). I wanted to keep the duck idea but basically turn the duck into something menacing .. hence a badass 'V' with some solid wings (to symbolize the strength of the duck in the flying Vee format ... and the idea wasn't stolen from the movie as the Flying Vee actually occurs in nature .. look up).

Nobody's disputing the fact that this formation occurs in nature. Nevertheless, even if you didn't take the name from the movie, that's where people's minds will immediately go. It was a pretty big part of the Mighty Ducks films...look up.

Archived