New Orleans Hornets concept

Starchild

Alright, so this is the first time in a little while that I've posted an idea. Just wasn't inspired, I guess (or just too lazy). Whatever the case, I had been imagining what the Hornets would look like with a Nuggets-esque makeover. I have no beef with their primary logo (as dated as it may be, I'm a fan of its broad appeal to adults, teens and kids), no problems with the secondary and I love the Fleur-de-bee tertiary introduced this year. My main problem ever since they're move to New Orleans has been their colors. Teal, canary yellow, purple, it's just gross (especially those yellow alternates). So, I decided to see what they'd look like with the black & gold of the Saints - if nothing else, it provides some unity among the New Orleans franchises and also more accurately reflects the colors of actual hornets (from what I've seen, they're yellow/black like bees... although I'm not insect expert, so I may stand corrected).

As for the uniforms, I did a straight up color swapping... nothing new really done outside of moving the Fleur-de-bee to the back of the jersey instead of on the breast.

Lastly, I just want to note that this is just Part 1 of the idea I have. The second part will keep the logos and colors as is, but I little bit more of a "next-gen" jersey set sort of like the new Atlanta Hawks jerseys which I like more and more (minus the uninspired navy/red). Comments, criticism, hate mail welcomed as always.

Hornets_Logos.jpg

Hornets_StyleGuide.jpg

it may look like the same colours as the Saints but hey the LA Kings mimicked both the Lakers and Raiders but to thats ok cause they are in the same city. I love it !

Archived