The "B" Project

cappital92

In 1963, the Baltimore Orioles had this on their road hat. After that, the O's never had a letter, much less a "B" on their New Era's until 2005.

A hot debate between the fans of the Birds and Ol' Angelos is about the representation of the city on the uni's. This whole thing was actually going to be a road script concept, but I figured,"If the O's are ever going to use a Baltimore script, they'll just use this lil' guy.". So, I took the old script, a script I banged out of WordArt, the 90's Brewers "B", and the Bruins "B", and came up with these. I want to evolve one of these into something that could be on a New Era Authentic and look somewhat normal. So, I want as much input as possible. Anyway here it goes.

1. Old Script B

boh.png

2. WordArt B

bh.png

3. 90's Brewers B

boh2.png

4. Bruins B

boh3.png

hmm, interesting Idea. Come to think of it, I am tired of their current script.

honestly though, the old script B is the only one that can be taken any further, IMO. THe others feel uncomfortable and unoriginal(esp. the Bruins). THe Brewers is OK-looking, but what is that color scheme you use on the last 3? You should stick to orange. and white, at least I think. maybe use one of those colors as a trim.

I really like the old Script B. Definitely go for that. It would look really good. (P.S. Where did you find it?)

Also, for some reason it reminds me of the Bowling Green B, anthough they don't lok alike. Maybe you could kind of merge them? IDK. Just go old script B.

• 1 month later...

Archived