High Tech Helmets

pcgd

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID...62FFB1E2270729A

This article was in Scientific America and talks about a high tech helmet system that returns real-time data to a master computer.

Very interesting technology, something I'm sure we'll see in the near future all the way to the NFL.

Another cool thing, its my High School! A small central Illinois school of about 400 total students.

awesome story- didn't know it!! Do you still attend or did you graduate?

Class of 2000.

Same coaches and everything still there. Its kinda amazing (or sad) how much money gets dumped into the football program. Its all legit and it doesn't come from the school or district. There are a couple different groups that get the money for the uniforms and everything for the program. I'm sure this 60k came from that, but in this case I fully support it. As the coach said, anything that protects players is well worth it.

Class of 2000.

Same coaches and everything still there. Its kinda amazing (or sad) how much money gets dumped into the football program. Its all legit and it doesn't come from the school or district. There are a couple different groups that get the money for the uniforms and everything for the program. I'm sure this 60k came from that, but in this case I fully support it. As the coach said, anything that protects players is well worth it.

Seems one reason is that this is a U of I study and they're close (maybe? I didn't read the whole article yet).

Class of 2000.

Seems one reason is that this is a U of I study and they're close (maybe? I didn't read the whole article yet).

10 miles south on first street. You can see the assembly hall from the school's parking lot.

Archived