Coaches Behaving Badly - Lacrosse Edition

Viper

Those of you who follow the NLL may have heard about the little dust-up that occurred after the first game of what turned out to be the Minnesota Swarm's home-and-home sweep of the Toronto Rock. Well, now there's at least one criminal charge pending - against the Rock's head coach:

Toronto Rock coach Glenn Clark has been charged with assault as a result of an altercation with an opposing player following Friday night's 17-16 loss at the Air Canada Centre.

Police at 52 Division confirmed the charge today, adding that Clark was the only person charged.

A statement released today by Rock general manager Mike Kloepfer, confirmed that Clark and Minnesota player Sean Pollock were involved in an altercation in the corridor near the Rock dressing room and that the situation was now being investigated by both the team and the National Lacrosse League.

Being a Swarm season-ticket holder, I took in the rematch in St. Paul this past Saturday. Alas, no fisticuffs this time - just a good old-fashioned 11-4 drubbing by the hometown boys. Toronto's team may be called "Rock", but Minnesota's team actually does. :P

CCSLC signature.png

Toronto's team may be called "Rock", but Minnesota's team actually does. :P

Five championships in our first seven seasons disagree with you :)

I'm actually surprised I haven't heard about this incident anywhere but this thread -- should be a bigger deal, especially around here.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived