Sands through the hourglass.......

jeh-see

Juniors, the goon leagues, as "pure form"? I'm sorry, the closest you get to pure form is somewhere around pee wees, but even then the kids have been coached to be nasty in many cases. (I had to give a fighting major to a kid this weekend for nearly knocking a kid out with a bunch to the head... and then his father was complaining about him getting the major! Sheesh.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This is what I put together from the archives of the Hockey History Mailing List.

By 1926-27 the NHL was the dominant league in North America, so the trustees of the Stanley Cup had no problem with having two NHL teams play for the Cup each year.  Technically, a non-NHL team could play for the Cup but it never happened.  In 1947, the trustees (Ross and Smeaton?) signed the Cup over to the NHL, with the NHL naming new trustees from that point on.  While the trustees could still be petitioned by a non-NHL team for a Cup challenge, it wasn't going to happen because the trustees were selected by the NHL.  In the 1970s, the NHL-selected trustees gave the Cup outright to the NHL, eliminating the trustee system.

oh yeah, one more thought about the pittsburgh thing, I say the city contracts the Pirates and builds the new Pens arena on the parking-lot-to-be of PNC Park. :D:P:D:P

Hate to be a jerk, but that's a soft spot my friend, no reason to pull a cheap shot on my favorite team, I wouldn't do that to yours, man.  PNC Park is beautiful and the chances of it being torn down any time soon are slim to none.  Our city is bankrupt last time I checked, so no new hockey arena or tearing anything down for a while.

On topic now...as sad as it would be to see the NHL fold, it might end up being for the better, start from scratch you know?.  I'm not big on the economic part of it, but a smaller league would work out for the NHL.  Honestly, all leagues really shouldn't have as many teams as they have right now, it really messes up the talent level and probably causes a few other problems that I'm overlooking.  Really, I wouldn't mourn over the loss of the Pens, it would suck, but (please correct me if I'm wrong) this city doesn't seem to appriciate hockey as much as it could.  Well, that's my two cents.

-Abbey

Abbey.jpg

Archived