My Reebok Edge jersey review

friarcanuck

I've finally gotten my hands on a Reebok Edge Senators jersey (red home). I live in Toronto now, and I find it hard to travel 5 hours to see a game. At least more difficult than living in Kingston, which is an easy 2 hour drive. After the whole jersey change over I've been wanting to get the new version, but wanted it make it special by buying it at a game.

Walked into Sensations and the first jerseys I saw were the Premier jerseys. The vinyl looking shoulder patches make me want to puke. The older CCM Semi-Pro jerseys were 10x better. The Premier jerseys stick out like sore thumbs, because the first thing that catches your eye is the crappy shoulder patch. Second thing you notice is the Reebok patch on the hem.

Found the Authentics beside the Premiers and tried on a 50 (I usually get a 48). It felt like I was wearing a spandex shirt. :( I then tried a 52, but that didn't feel any better so I got the 50. My brother was wearing my Sens Black Alternate from last year and you can tell the difference in material just by looking at them. Shoulder patches are an actual embroidered patch and not a "sewn on sticker". The weird thing I found was the NHL logo in the centre of the neck is not sewn on. Maybe it's cause it's so small it would be too difficult to sew on.

Part way through the game I started to get cold. :blink: I was wearing a T-shirt, a long sleeve T-shirt and a hockey jersey and I was getting cold in an NHL rink? That never happens! After getting home today, I compared it to my Blue Jays and Expos Authentics. The material the Edge jerseys are made from is the same thickness as a baseball jersey! :wacko:

Overall I like the look. The patches and design of the new jerseys are awesome! But just switch it back to the old material and you'd have a winner.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I thought that was the plan..to bring back the old material...

They have to sell off the old stock before they can hope to sell modified versions. And if you are selling Sens jerseys.. well.. you're going to be waiting quite awhile. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived