Lightning Concept

Coast2CoastAM2006

Been a while since i have done one of these. Anyway, i was going through the templates i got TML, kinda playing with them seeing which team would look good in what. Then i got to toying around with the lightning. Since they came in to the league there has always been something about their uniforms i never liked. Their first set was uninspired and a bit too traditional for a team thats was an expansion team. They changed up this past season and took a step in the right direction by updating a blah logo. Its not perfect but its better than what they did have. Then they took a step in the wrong direction by copying the sens and penguins. The other issue i have always had with them was the use of black as the primary, non existant use of dark silver and minimal use of blue. Another issue i have had really since their comming in to the league is the bleeding color syndrome.(colorado, st. louis for about 10 years suffer from this) I never have liked royal blue and black paired together, there wasn't a good contrast between them on the first set and there isn't on the current set.

So onward to my concept of the night.

first thing i did was chucked their template and went with the Sabres template. After looking at this template, i really felt it fit the lightning far better than it did the sabres, which i though should have went more traditional. The lightning has no history of tradition so i felt they should be a bit more modern with their design. Next, I killed black as the primary and went with the washed out blue strait from the logo. I know its probably off from their actual color they use on their uniforms but i actually like the washed out blue so i went with that. Next i incorporated the use of dark silver/gray in to the uniform. Which i never understood why there was this swath of gray in the logo and yet no where to be found on the uniform. Then I regulated the black to a minimal color except on the homes which i used as a duality with the blue. Which i had to do to keep it from looking like blue overkill. Then i dropped the shoulder logo, not that i didn't like it which i do, but i didn't like how it looked cluttered with the vertical stripes. Lastly, i added a gray alternate, which i always felt they were a team that could pull off one since it was dark enough not to be confused with a dirty white jersey. Gear is self explainatory.

anyway thats my reasoning behind my 'concept'.

btw i wasn't sure to fill in the RBK logos or not so i left them to pop out.

LightningHome.png

LightningAway_unfinished.pngLightningAlt_unfinished.png

LightningGear.png

(btw, i know some of the tags say 'lightning unfinished', i just forgot to delete the 'unfinished' off the tag name.)

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I actually like Tampa on this template. Good work except

1. Pants need to be black with the bolt on the side.

2. Numbers need to be higher on the back.

I actually like Tampa on this template. Good work except

1. Pants need to be black with the bolt on the side.

2. Numbers need to be higher on the back.

1. i thought about doing that but i was having trouble getting it look right from that angle. I'll probably need a side view template to fully show the bolt on the side.

2. definately noted. I'll remember that for future concepts or if i get enough comments an update on the current one.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived