Cubs Road and Alternate Jersey Ideas

PWG44

not a big fan of the cubs road uniforms... so i had some fun. Never understood why the "C" on the cap is thicker than when the "C" is used elsewhere other than on the cap... not to mention the typeface on the current road jerseys is different than anything else they use.

I took a cue from a classic design they used back in the day (from a Rockwell painting) and applied the typeface they use for the logo and cap insignia... their current alternates are ok, however, i have t-shirt (nike) that has the "C" with just the head of the cub from the road uni and sleeve patch from the existing design (i couldn't find it anywhere though)... it's really cool and woud look great on the alternate big z likes so much...

i could take or leave the road cap... although i think they should stick with as much "cubbie blue" as possible...

i've also always liked the old "simple" cub circa 1970's... so i used him liberally...

this was just for fun... but they really do need to update their roadies... in my humble opinion...

cubsroadaltideas.jpg

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

the rounded font doesn't seem to look right, and the bear logo looks like a little hello-kitty-esque to me, but i love the light blue unis as a alternate, brings me back to the powder blue milwaukee days.....god i miss those

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Archived