Mets Kelly Green Jerseys July 8?

NoHoJoe

and Joe Namath make the first pass

At Mrs. Met?

DAMN IT! You beat me to it! :D

Bzzzzt. I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was "Suzy Kolber"...

..."Suzy Kolber."

If she was next to you, would you care about the team sssstttrrrrruuuuugggggglllllliiiiiinnnnnngggggg? Me neither. :D

sportsbanner-single.jpg

It definitely makes sense for the Mets to honor the Jets. In addition to the fact that the Jets called Shea Stadium home for 19 seasons, there is a stereotype among New York fans that people who root for the Mets usually root for the Jets (and sometimes the Islanders) while people who root for the Yankees usually root for the Giants (and sometimes the Rangers). While there are plenty of cross-overs, I myself am grouped into the Yanks/Giants/Rangers category, so it's a good move for the Jets.

Also, the Yankees have honored the Giants at least 3 separate times during the Final Season Countdown at the Stadium in which they get some famous person (or people) to pull the lever to lower the number of games. This year they've had rookies (Ahmad Bradshaw, Steve Smith and Aaron Ross), assistant coaches (Kevin Gilbride and Steve Spagnuolo) and special teamers (Zak DeOssie, Chase Blackburn and Lawrence Tynes).

Archived