Fleer Baseball Big Signs Update

spyboy1

Guys,

When I was a kid I was staying at a campground that had a store that sold supplies and candy. One day they got a box of the 1973 Baseball Fleer Big Signs.

I ran back to our camper and got my money and got back there as fast as I could to buy all the different signs I could get. By the time I got back some of them had been sold, but later on as an adult, I was able to add a few at a baseball card show and eventually got the rest of them off of ebay.

A couple of teams changed logos shortly after the set of signs came out and, as time passed, more teams were added to the league and my set of signs started to again feel incomplete.

At that point I decided do was make an update set for the Fleer Big Signs. I scanned the player icons used to fill space on some of the signs and proceeded to try to create new signs in the style of the originals. After finding the wonderful blog "the fleer sticker project", I left a comment about my fondness for the 1973 Fleer Big Signs and mentioned my update set.

A few emails were exchanged and now my signs have finally seen the light of day in the latest post on the blog, Customized "Fleer" Baseball Big Signs.

Check them out. I hope you like them.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived