Concept help needed!

Turkleton

As you may of seen, I've been working on a 'Reviving the ABA' project recently, but the concepts were getting a bit stale.

I took about 2 weeks off from it and now I want to complete it. I took a long look through my old concepts, and the critique I received, as well as looking at others work and the comments they got. I found that what I post is VERY hit and miss. I do score sometimes but not nearly enough to keep me happy. Not unlike my love life...

I'm going to kick start the project and try and get some solid work out there for teams 10 - 20.

This is what I've come up with so far.

17259601of8.png

This is FAR better than what I came up with before, which was just crap. The idea is the Miami sunset in the background, with the script acting as the sea. I'm really loving the bluey green I used for that, so I want to keep that but anything you guys have in way of advice I wanna take in, and see if I can hit the spot more often from now on.

Cheers

Turk

sigen.jpg

I usually hate gradients, but I like it here. It represents the sunset well. I like that blue color a lot as well. The font and the palm trees is mediocre at best however.

Maybe you ought to try a more retro feel and replace the smooth gradient with four or five bars of color that fade in the same way, but where you can pick out each distinct color. Kinda like the old Nuggets rainbow scheme, but in sunset colors.

I usually hate gradients, but I like it here. It represents the sunset well. I like that blue color a lot as well. The font and the palm trees is mediocre at best however.

Maybe you ought to try a more retro feel and replace the smooth gradient with four or five bars of color that fade in the same way, but where you can pick out each distinct color. Kinda like the old Nuggets rainbow scheme, but in sunset colors.

Yeah I see what you mean. I'm trying to steer clear of retro for a few concepts though, because all my work seems to go towards that. I just LOVE retro logos, uniforms, concepts, music, clothes, everything...so I always naturally lean that way. Which obviously, I cant do EVERY time...

I cant make up my mind with that font. It's supposed to be 'watery', but not sure if it works on a basketball logo. I'm going to wait to see what others say, take everyones comments and go back to it I think.

sigen.jpg

It's not bad. The palm tree in the sunset doesn't fit in my opinion. If you're going to have a second palm tree, it should be opposite the first one. It doesn't have to be a mirror image, but I think it'll look better. The font does have that Tropical feel, and it's looks fine. However if you want it to look like ocean waves, you missed.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Implemented both suggestions...

74392674oh7.png

I PERSONALLY prefer the first one I did, but I still wanna gather opinion if anyone wants to offer their's...

Quick edit...The wordmark wasnt supposed to be ocean waves as such, just wanted a tropical, watery feel to go with the sunset and 'Miami beach' design..

sigen.jpg

I like the second one. The tree on the right makes it look more balanced. I could go either way with the gradient or bars. The "logo" part of it is very warm color oriented but the wordmark doesn't have any at all. Perhaps an orange highlight or outline would make it flow a little better?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I like the second one. The tree on the right makes it look more balanced. I could go either way with the gradient or bars. The "logo" part of it is very warm color oriented but the wordmark doesn't have any at all. Perhaps an orange highlight or outline would make it flow a little better?

What about this...??

68463667fs5.png

I like this one...

sigen.jpg

Archived