New/Old Team Colors Documents

TruColor

I have started producing team colors reports by league, and by season to have as a new reference on the SSUR. These reports are in PDF format, and are for a specific league, for a particular season. This way, you can see an entire league's colors for a season.

So far, I've just produced them for the NBA...I have PDFs for the current (2008-2009) season, going back to the 1989-1990 season, and also separate reports for the alternate uniform colors - when a team uses a different color scheme for an alternate uni compared to their primary color palette. Here's a link to the current NBA season report:

2008-2009 NBA Franchise Colors

And, here's the link for the Basketball Team Colors page; which lists all of the reports I've generated thus far:

Basketball Team Colors

I'll flesh out the remainder of the NBA, and move on to the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc. soon.

As always, comments, suggestions, etc. are appreciated.

OKC's color is really red not orange?

I addressed this in another thread, but it probably got lost in all the noise (!)...

Yeah, it is officially called "Oklahoma City Thunder Red" by the team ("not too Red, not too Orange"), and it IS actually a Red:

OklahomaCityThunderRed_9999_SOL_SRG.jpg

The problem is that Illustrator - because of the way it interprets Pantone information - skews it towards Orange instead of its actual color, which is between an Orange and a Red. But, it leans more towards Red.

This is a prime example why Illustrator should not be used as a de facto source for RGB in regards to Pantone/PMS colors.

Archived