Houston Texans Concept

buckeyes

So it's been awhile since I've done a concept. I've never really been any good at them but I feel like my paint skills have improved and I worked up enough courage to give it a second try. I've been seeing alot of NFL concepts on here and most of them have been quote unquote modernizations. I was going to work on the Raiders but realized half way through that theyre uni's are to classic to update. Then I came across the Texans. I love their uniforms, love the texas theme. I personally think the red alternates are really sweet. I know their jerseys are considered modern by an NFL standpoint but I figture I'd take a shot at revamping them. Some of the logos are a little bit fuzzy and need to be cleaned up and some a pretty small but this was just a spur of the moment thing. I might clean them up later. Oh by the way I haven't done a helmet yet but it's on the verge.

Home

texanshome.jpg

On the home jersey the first thing that I'm sure you noticed was the new red piping. I tried to go for a "Longhorn" look. Like two horns were going across the chest. I think it looks pretty cool. I also somewhat changed the old stripe they had on the shoulder but i changed it to white to include all 3 colors on the jersey. On the side is where I really brought some new ideas. I love the Texas star that they use so i used that as a sleeve logo and put the number inside of the star. The pant striping is pretty standard. There is what is supposed to be the outline of texas on the hip. The striping continues on the back. Name and numbering the same on the old jersey. For some reason it makes me think if the Atlanta Hawks had a football team?

Away

texansaway.jpg

For whatever reason I didn't like this one as much as the home. I think it's the pant striping running into the socks, but then again I don't like the pant striping running into the jersey either. Any suggestions? Everything is the same as the home, different colors ofcourse.

Alternate

texansalternate.jpg

I like the way this one came out. The Texans chest logo is a little blurry but it'll play. I like the mix of all three colors rather then it just being a flamboyant red.

Well, whatdoya think?

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

The major problem I see is the star on the sleeves. It looks a bit like the 5 pointed star used by a certain hated in-state rival.

Note that the star in the Texans' logo is slanted. Anytime they use a star on their website, printed material, etc. it's that slanted one they use.

Otherwise, I like these a lot. The little Texas on the hip is a nice touch.

Archived