First Illustrator concept

Riot!

Ok so this is my first try at illustartor. And I need a lot of advice, I'm messing with it and trying things out. But would love any and all advice to help me make it better. The concept is for a created college the University of Texas-Laredo Leaping Frogs. Here it is. Thanks to Brandon Odis and Buc for the templates.

ut-laredo---Copy.jpg

I gotta be honest man, it doesn't appear that you used Illustrator here. the logo doesn't appear clean like it was vectorized...which should be the least of a result from Illustrator. the rest of the concept also appears choppy and low-res. it appears that you just pasted a jpeg or gif into Illustrator.

Doesn't look vector. I'd say search for illustrator tutorials to get a basic idea of how the application works. Practice what you have learned by tracing existing logos. Then pre-plan what you want to use in your concept. For example, you have multiple and/or distorted fonts conveying Leaping Frogs. At best, you would use three (one for the wordmark, one for the numbers and one for the player name).

Just my 2¢. Have fun.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived