New Illinois Football Uniforms?

illini1

I just checked out Illinois' official online store and noticed that they have the Juice William and Rejus Benn jerseys on sale. I find this kind of odd because neither graduated or are going pro, so there's no reason for their jerseys to be on sale unless they're getting new uniforms. I wonder if they are going to go full time with the throwbacks they wore this year. All the players loved them.

I hope so. This is the third year in these crappy jerseys, after wearing different crappy jerseys for the prior three years. Nike doesn't like designs to get "stale", and once Illinois decided to let Nike have its way with them, they opened themselves up to bad, "cutting edge", short lived designs. I guess I shouldn't be too eager to see new unis, because these ones will probably be crazier and worse than the current ones. I would love to see them go back to the unis worn up through 2002, but I doubt that will happen. Those are some of the best unis ever, IMO.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

they're probably on sale because it's january

That's not what Illinois' website usually does. The only time they have put jerseys on sale in the past was if the player whose number was on the jersey was graduating/going pro or if they were getting new uniforms. That's what they did last year after the basketball season when they got new uniforms.

Archived