Buffalo Logo (UPDATED)

vmd9

All 3 logos look similar because they're of the same image. All 3 try to depict a head-on buffalo. If all 3 were meant to be designed as a head-on buffalo, then of course they would look similar. There can only be so many ways to draw a head-on buffalo, because simply, this IS what a head-on buffalo looks like. Just because there are two existing logos of head-on buffalos, doesn't mean any subsequent ones will necessarily be rip offs of the previous logos.

Now if he had drawn it any differently, then it would no longer be a head-on buffalo, now would it?

I agree with this. I think the main reason why people jumped so quickly was because Vmd9 picked the same basic colors as the Destroyers. Had the buffalo been green and gold instead, I don't think people would have drawn the Destroyers conclusion nearly as fast.

hey this is just a logo I've been working on for a high school and wanted to get some feedback...

snipped image

Updated:

snipped image

It's just a logo that would be used on a senior t-shirt, nothing else. I just had a friend ask for something to put on the front, and their mascot is a buffalo.

Again, what exactly about this makes it something you've been working on? I get that you did a little with it, but really, it's not yours.

Mods - why isn't something like this a bannable offense?

While we're at it, maybe we can make jumping to conclusions a bannable offense.

Or we could make mini-modding a bannable offense.

All 3 logos look similar because they're of the same image. All 3 try to depict a head-on buffalo. If all 3 were meant to be designed as a head-on buffalo, then of course they would look similar. There can only be so many ways to draw a head-on buffalo, because simply, this IS what a head-on buffalo looks like. Just because there are two existing logos of head-on buffalos, doesn't mean any subsequent ones will necessarily be rip offs of the previous logos.

Now if he had drawn it any differently, then it would no longer be a head-on buffalo, now would it?

I agree with this. I think the main reason why people jumped so quickly was because Vmd9 picked the same basic colors as the Destroyers. Had the buffalo been green and gold instead, I don't think people would have drawn the Destroyers conclusion nearly as fast.

The school's colors are red, white, and blue so i really had no choice with the colors.

Archived