Buffalo Logo (UPDATED)

vmd9

hey this is just a logo I've been working on for a high school and wanted to get some feedback...

buffalo.png

Updated:

buffalofinal2-3.png

It's just a logo that would be used on a senior t-shirt, nothing else. I just had a friend ask for something to put on the front, and their mascot is a buffalo.

Wow. I really like this logo I think its very solid. Just a couple of things I see is to try to incorporate more red into the logo becuase it looks kind of random right now. Also the mouth looks a little bit akward but if you fix this then I think it'll be great.

g4104.png

hey this is just a logo I've been working on for a high school and wanted to get some feedback...

snipped image

Updated:

snipped image

It's just a logo that would be used on a senior t-shirt, nothing else. I just had a friend ask for something to put on the front, and their mascot is a buffalo.

Again, what exactly about this makes it something you've been working on? I get that you did a little with it, but really, it's not yours.

Mods - why isn't something like this a bannable offense?

It's where I sit.

snipped image

Updated:

snipped image

Again, what exactly about this makes it something you've been working on? I get that you did a little with it, but really, it's not yours.

It's similar, but it's not a rip.

I think he needs to start from scratch, and think of something original...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The t-shirt would have a lot of text on front, so I wanted to use a simple logo. The school name on top, logo under it, and maybe a nickname or Class of 2009 at the bottom. I wanted just a head view, since there are too many full body buffalo logos used (Bills, Colorado, Sabres thirds, etc) and I wanted to avoid anything that resembled the Buffaloslug. The only two logos I could find that were just a frontal view of a buffalo's head were the Destroyers and Marshall. I didn't mean to rip them off, mainly just use those two as inspiration and I'm sorry. I guess I should've have explained better. I've tried very hard to not make it too similar, but I've had little success. had two made one with teeth and the other with closed mouth. The closed mouth, similar to the updated one, looked too much like Marshall, and the teeth looks too much like the Destroyers...

snipped image

Updated:

snipped image

Yes, anytime someone posts a logo that's similar to an existing one they should be banned. :rolleyes:

It's really not all that similar once you actually look at them side by side. My first thought was the Destroyers logo too, but it is its own logo.

spacer.png

snipped image

Updated:

snipped image

Yes, anytime someone posts a logo that's similar to an existing one they should be banned. :rolleyes:

It's really not all that similar once you actually look at them side by side. My first thought was the Destroyers logo too, but it is its own logo.

Yeah if spammy didn't get banned, why would he?

It's a very good concept. Though it does look like the Destroyers.

All 3 logos look similar because they're of the same image. All 3 try to depict a head-on buffalo. If all 3 were meant to be designed as a head-on buffalo, then of course they would look similar. There can only be so many ways to draw a head-on buffalo, because simply, this IS what a head-on buffalo looks like. Just because there are two existing logos of head-on buffalos, doesn't mean any subsequent ones will necessarily be rip offs of the previous logos.

Now if he had drawn it any differently, then it would no longer be a head-on buffalo, now would it?

Wade-sig.png

Archived