Manitoba Moose Logo

Korbyn

Sorry if I am late to the party but I have a question.

Every time I post the Manitoba Moose's logo or someone writes something about it I have noticed members calling it "Sterlings Moose Logo".

I did a check out on the Member list and found a Sterling84 and it seems like this may be the man responsible for that gorgeous piece of artwork.

Out of curiosity, is it true that a fellow CCSLC member created it?

Thanks,

Korbyn

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Sorry if I am late to the party but I have a question.

Every time I post the Manitoba Moose's logo or someone writes something about it I have noticed members calling it "Sterlings Moose Logo".

I did a check out on the Member list and found a Sterling84 and it seems like this may be the man responsible for that gorgeous piece of artwork.

Out of curiosity, is it true that a fellow CCSLC member created it?

Thanks,

Korbyn

yes it is sterling's logo. i don't know the back story between him and the moose and the royalties from it. but it is his logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I got a call one day a few years ago from a guy who worked in the Moose front office...he wanted to get a new alt jersey created for the team, and contacted me about finding a designer. I suggested that - through my own site, and Chris's board - we put together a contest. The Moose really couldn't afford to go after some of the bigger firms (I get the feeling that this particular person was kind of doing it on his own), so they needed to keep the costs down.

The original plan was to come up with a logo that would be placed on the Canucks' current dark sweater - this was back when they were still using the Deep Blue, Deep Red, Sky Blue, Silver and White colors.

After Sterling's design won, they decided to use with a variation of the (then) current Moose colors...and the rest is history.

I got a call one day a few years ago from a guy who worked in the Moose front office...he wanted to get a new alt jersey created for the team, and contacted me about finding a designer. I suggested that - through my own site, and Chris's board - we put together a contest. The Moose really couldn't afford to go after some of the bigger firms (I get the feeling that this particular person was kind of doing it on his own), so they needed to keep the costs down.

The original plan was to come up with a logo that would be placed on the Canucks' current dark sweater - this was back when they were still using the Deep Blue, Deep Red, Sky Blue, Silver and White colors.

After Sterling's design won, they decided to use with a variation of the (then) current Moose colors...and the rest is history.

Wow, thats really intresting.

The Moose easily have the best logo in the AHL, and have such a unique identity. One article in the Winnipeg Sun asked fans of the Hershey Bears what they knew about Winnipeg and the Moose, and one fan said "they have really cool jerseys" ... so they knew nothing about the city but recognized the place because of their awesome logo and jersey.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived